How does Princess assign table mates?

Cruise Junky

My two RCI Cruises, we had great table mates, my previous Princess Cruise, we asked for a table for four - DH and I and my Parents.

Just got off the Island Princess yesterday, and what are they thinking.... they put hubby and I at a table with two single mothers and four kids! (late seating) Now, no complaints about kids, but don't they even try and find compatible people?

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

I think it is strictly random. Years ago (about 10) my husband and I were seated at a table with 2 other couples, our age and all the husbands were engineers. We had a great time. years later with the 2 kids we asked for a table for 8 hoping we'd meet another family so we would get to know others with like interests. We were seated at a table for 10. Three couples, 2 in their 60's and another in their 70's. My kids were 9 and 12. They were wonderful table mates and always went out of their way to include the kids in conversation, but I still wish they had made an effort to seat people with others of simialar age. Now we use personal choice. We can sit with others when we feel like mingling and by ourselves when we don't

We asked this same question last December on the Coral. They said it is totally random, unless you request seating with another person/couple/etc.

Celebrity Century-eastern carribean-2001 icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Constellation-2002icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Princess Coral-Panama Canal-Dec 2003 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Golden Princess-Southern Exotic Caribbean-Oct. 2004

It just keeps getting better

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;24;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

When we were on the Star Princess 2 years ago, there were 3 of us (ages 18-23) and my aunt (age 48). I remember the first night we sat down at the table and met our table mates, 3 couples well over 50 years old! We thought it was going to be a loooong week. I have to say, it ended up being a VERY pleasant week! They were great people and we really enjoyed ourselves! Just goes to show you, as cheesy as it sounds, you get out of it what you put into it. We had a blast.

~~

"What ever floats your boat!"

My Cruise Webpage

Star Princess 01/05

Vision of the Seas 01/04

Star Princess 04/02

Song of America 01/98

If my memory serves me correctly, when I booked my Royal Princess Amazon River/Trans-Atlantic/Mediterrean cruise, the reservations agent for Princess asked my Travel Agent(who then asked me, of course) what age group I prefered when making the dining seating request.

I was impressed that prior to arrival in Manaus and the start of the next segment of the cruise, those of us continuing received a notice from the Maitre d' Rui to contact him concerning seating arrangements. He placed me at a great table for the first 12 days and he arranged for another great table for the final 21 days.

Thanks Rui!!!!

24 cruises: 10 Holland America, 3 Princess, 3 Pacific Far East Line, 2 Royal Viking Line, 1 each: Cunard, NCL, RCCL, Sitmar, American Hawaii, Home Lines

When I did personal choice/anytime dining, I was cruising with my best friend - we're both 25 and every night the maitre d' did try to seat us with people as close to our age as he could find. That meant several couples in their 50s and the occasional 60 or 70 year old... they were all wonderful tablemates. Toward the end of the cruise he sat us with couples our own age, which was actually a little more stressful because they thought something was wrong with us that we weren't married like they were, when the older couples (about our parent's age) thought it was "splendid" "magnificent" and "fabulous" that we were having fun and not settling down too soon... less stress really. The last formal night we sat with a woman and her children who were our age and it was a great time as well... I guess it is luck of the draw and maybe my answer is drawn out but the Maitre d' was making a concerted effort on our behalves (behalfs?? I have never had to spell that word out before!).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

? Caribbean Princess 2004 ?

Archived