Price Increase for 2017 Alaska

TexasBlue7

Anyone else notice the over night sharp increases in prices (about 25%) on Celebrity cruises to Alaska in 2017? We have been pricing the Alaska Hubbard cruise for June 2017 and over night for the stateroom level we were looking at went from $2149 to $2869. Looks like most of there Alaska cruises for 2017 went up about 25% over night. Is this common this far out for booking? Can we expect them to go down later for next summer cruises (with less choices in rooms I'm sure)? We were looking to take the kids (separate room), but this would increase the cruise by all most $3000 for us. :eek:

A good policy to follow is: If one sees a price that they are comfortable with, book it, especially if the final pay date is more than five (5) months away. You only need to make a deposit and you have time to watch the prices (up or down).

Waiting will either make one happy or sad or not book. Once booked, there are options in play before final pay date as well as options after final pay date...

My Alaska sailing went up as well, a great deal, yet I did book it last year. The ship is 'currently' 90% booked, with no suites available at all.. who knows what will happen as we get closer, but I locked my date and cabin and am happy, at the moment... :D

bon voyage

Rumor has it, and from reviewing pricing it is probably true, Celebrity will soon announce a buy 1 get 1 50% off promotion. If you do the math from historic prices it works out that the price 2 or 3 days ago for 2 = the b1g1-1/2 off pricing with the new prices. I would just sit tight and look for the promo.

Rumor has it, and from reviewing pricing it is probably true, Celebrity will soon announce a buy 1 get 1 50% off promotion. If you do the math from historic prices it works out that the price 2 or 3 days ago for 2 = the b1g1-1/2 off pricing with the new prices. I would just sit tight and look for the promo.

Its true starting 01SEP

We just looked to do a 2017 Panama Celebrity cruise west coast to East coast and were shocked to see that the price has almost doubled (Aqua Class) £8000 for two excluding flights . The TA suggested Seabourn and Silver Sea at these prices, I love Celebrity but they are not in same class. We are on Celebrity in November Caribbean Cruise, could be last one as I will not be ripped off.

It is Crazy Crazy Crazy. £8000 for two weeks plus air fair from the UK NO Way

We just looked to do a 2017 Panama Celebrity cruise west coast to East coast and were shocked to see that the price has almost doubled (Aqua Class) £8000 for two excluding flights . The TA suggested Seabourn and Silver Sea at these prices, I love Celebrity but they are not in same class. We are on Celebrity in November Caribbean Cruise, could be last one as I will not be ripped off.

It is Crazy Crazy Crazy. £8000 for two weeks plus air fair from the UK NO Way

There's obviously a sale on the way. The US sale begins September 1st, but I don't know UK details. I suggest waiting until the sale begins and then re-price the cruise you're interested in.

Edited by thebutlerdidit

We keep hearing about September 1 sale too, but raising prices by 25% before a sale is not a sale. We did book a Celebrity 5 day in January to Keywest and the Bahamas but they still had a special Military discount going without any perks that was still a good price. We are looking at other cruise lines now for the 2017 Alaska trip with the kids. Love Celebrity, but they have sent us looking at other cruise lines now.