Costa Drink Prices

sugarbabe61

Even better if it is also available in the self service restaurants as my husband is not keen on going to the restaurants for lunch. The Costa staff in the UK did state it was in all dining rooms except paying restaurants when I phoned and asked (and said, yes, the buffet) but I thought she was wrong. Can see how they can organise it in the buffet. People could just wander in and out getting drinks. Still . . .

Graeme, yes the £47 was for a 7 night cruise.

biguntx, the person to thank is Taf off the Xmas thread. She is English and lives in Austria and booked through the Austrian brochure. The drinks package is actually listed in their brochure. It was because of this that I e-mailed Costa and rang them up and managed to find the package.

Tracey

PS Might add this onto the other week now (going on the 17 to 23 December and then again 23 to 30 December but only bought for Xmas week up to now).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personal Opinion: Just returned from the Magica and bought the drink package for the week. Wine lovers would not be happy with the choice of wine they opened in the dining room(s) and poured by the glass. We never did get to see the bottle that was opened that night. Second night we asked if they had an alternative wine.... third night we opted to buy a bottle of Cabernet as the red-by-the-glass was not so good. Day 4 we spoke to guest relations staff who could not cancel the package. Day 5 the Dining room Asst Manager came by with 2 bottles for us, and a better quality indeed. Short take: If you like beer and soda, water etc, this is a good value. For the wine I would think about it.....

Personal Opinion: Just returned from the Magica and bought the drink package for the week. Wine lovers would not be happy with the choice of wine they opened in the dining room(s) and poured by the glass. We never did get to see the bottle that was opened that night. Second night we asked if they had an alternative wine.... third night we opted to buy a bottle of Cabernet as the red-by-the-glass was not so good. Day 4 we spoke to guest relations staff who could not cancel the package. Day 5 the Dining room Asst Manager came by with 2 bottles for us, and a better quality indeed. Short take: If you like beer and soda, water etc, this is a good value. For the wine I would think about it.....

Thanks for getting back to us on this.:)

Did you find the servers familiar with this package? How did it work? Just showed your card and it was imprinted somewhere on it?

We called Costa prior to our trip and were told we could purchase the X1 package onboard - well no one knew about it on the ship. When they finally did figure out what we wanted, they said it had to be purchased PRIOR to boarding....even though Costa said it didn't :(

We bought house wine by the glass for $5.00/glass. Most of it was a good Chardonnay.

Suggestion. If you decide that the "drinks by the glass" package is for you, then pay for it ahead of time through the cruise line or if you booked through an agent, have them do it for you. When you check in at the pier, your Costa Card will have the designated "X1" printed on it along with your name and card number. First night in dining, just show the card to your waiter and hopefully they will remember. If not, remind them or the Asst M'aitreD and tell them if you prefer white or red wine.... or just tell them you want sparkling or bottled water. There is no Wine Steward on this ship and it may take a while to get what you ask for, as we found the dining room to be very slow indeed. We were disappointed that we had to wait so long to have glass of wine before dinner and then felt rushed to finish up on some evenings.... We never did see the bottle they poured the wine from, but as I mentioned earlier, we bought a bottle of red from their menu and prefered it to the package wine.

Archived