Carnival Legend Tracy Arm Small Boat Excursion

We're booked on the Legend, leaving Seattle on July 25. There aren't very many excursions listed on the Manage My Cruise site. Do I need to wait until closer to sailing time? I like the White Pass Train but don't want the biking portion, and that Tracy Arm one you guys are talking about sounds wonderful!Am I just being too anxious?

We booked the train with Chilkootcharters.com We took the train up and then a small bus back. We did the option where we stop at Caribou Crossing and had a BBQ lunch and then got to see the sled dogs. There is also a museum there. That tour is listed as The "Yukon Adventure w/ Dogcart Experience"

They make several stops for pictures along the way. We have it booked again for May 2017.

Hi...I saw where you said you had already booked a charter for May 2017, I am interested in doing this charter as well, but when I go to their website it doesn't let me book anything in 2017. May I ask how you booked yours? I am interested in doing the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour.

Thanks, Patti

Hi...I saw where you said you had already booked a charter for May 2017, I am interested in doing this charter as well, but when I go to their website it doesn't let me book anything in 2017. May I ask how you booked yours? I am interested in doing the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour.

Thanks, Patti

I emailed them and did the tentative reservation. I'll complete it when they open the booking up in mid October.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here's the link to the specific excursion...

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/alaska/tracy-arm-fjord-and-glacier-explorer-170058

But it's $190/adults, $110/kids. It was definitely really cool to be that so close to the glacier when it was calving. Although we did 3 excursions that all involved glaciers, each one was unique and worth it.

Do you mind sharing the other excursions you did?

Glad you had as great a time as we did. It was my second favorite excursion of our trip, the first being the helicopter/glacier hike. Neither is cheap, but worth every penny. We are still talking about those excursions two months later.

MY VIDEO:

We will be talking about those two excursions for the rest of our lives. Do anything possible to do these excursions. Sell your dog, your first born, whatever. The helicopter landing on the glacier is not to be missed. Do anything possible to make this excursion.