Victoria sightseeing within walking distance of ship

It takes about 30-40 minutes to walk to the Inner Harbor from the ship. The way is well marked, and you go right past Fisherman's Wharf. Ogden Point Breakwater is a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction. The ship is docked inside the breakwater, and you get a great view of the ship from the end of the breakwater.

Beacon Hill Park is a nice detour with it's beautiful gardens and fountains and peacocks (and restrooms). It's in the lower right side of the map above. Come in from the bottom and see The Mile 0 marker. It's the start of the over 8,000 km Trans-Canada Highway that spans the entire length of Canada.

dz

Beacon Hill Park is a nice detour with it's beautiful gardens and fountains and peacocks (and restrooms). It's in the lower right side of the map above. Come in from the bottom and see The Mile 0 marker. It's the start of the over 8,000 km Trans-Canada Highway that spans the entire length of Canada.

dz

I did a "circle tour" which took me several hours of walking - I'm not sure how many miles I walked, but I'm sure in all I traveled over five miles, maybe six or seven. I went to the Inner Harbor by way of Fisherman's Wharf, then at the Parliament Building cut across to Beacon Hill Park. I walked all through the park (which is delightful) to the coastal walkway on the cliffs (the walkway parallels Dallas Road) out to Clover Point. At Clover Point I walked back toward the ship along the pebble beaches which had beautiful drift wood. There are stairs back up to the cliff-side walkway at regular intervals. The walkway took me right to the Ogden Point Breakwater. It was a wonderful way to spend the morning.

Edited by RSF Cruiser

It is easy to walk to Fisherman's Wharf from the ship. It's about a ten minute walk. Once at Fisherman's Wharf, you can take a water taxi (fun walk-on boat with unofficial tour commentary by the captain) to various points around the harbor. There are stops near the Fairmont Empress, Downtown, and Chinatown, plus others. The water taxi company also does regular harbor tours. We find this is a good way to get from point A to point B as well as sightsee. Most cruise lines offer a shuttle to downtown if you don't want to walk. Once downtown, the area is compact and easily walkable.

https://www.victoriaharbourferry.com/tours-services/water-taxi

• 3 weeks later...

In Victoria, Ogden point, there are buses to take you to the Inner Harbor. By the Empress Hotel. I am not sure of the cost? Under $10.00 pp. You are paying for a day pass. So can go back and fourth as many times as you want. I would take this to save you time and sore feet.