Where do Cruise Ships Dock?

adelle

We arrive in Key West on November 22nd on the Radisson Voyager. Where do the cruise ships dock? Is it a long walk to town and or to a Conch Train stop? will we need a taxi? Hope it is a fairly short walk so we can use most of our energy to walk around town.

has anyone had any experience with the Liberty ship champagne sunset cruise? Is it worth it or would one have as much or more fun doing the sunset festivities at Mallory Square? We will be docked in Key West overnight. We will have one and a half days there. Really looking forward to the visit. I hope all the people in Key West will be recovered from the hurricane by then. So sorry for everyones trouble.

Again, if anyone has any experience with A Taste of Key West tour, I would love to have some feedback.

Thanks for your help,

Adelle

We did a Liberty ship daytime tour that was very peaceful and relaxing. We were the ONLY passengers that day. My son got to help raise and lower the sails. We have taken the Western Union tall ship sunset cruise several times and always enjoyed it. The Liberty goes out at a similar time. I believe you will enjoy that particular cruise, too.

Whether you would prefer the Mallory Square antics to the champagne sunset cruise is hard to say without knowing what you enjoy. I am one who does not enjoy the Mallory Square sunset scene, but I've never been fond of jugglers, tight rope walkers and least of all, cats jumping through flaming hoops. Give me a sunset champagne cruise any time. That is what I call enjoyment, but each to his own. Thousands of folks do enjoy the Mallory Square festivities every year and that is what they take away as a happy memory of a quintessential Key West activity.

As for docking, if your ship docks in front of the Hilton Hotel, you will be within walking distance of many Key West highlights, including Mallory Square. If you dock at the Outer Mole pier, you will need to use the trolley or Conch Train to reach Key West's attractions. The main drawback of this is the delay or wait you may experience to get on the trolley to leave or return to the ship. The transportation does drop you at a place that is within walking distance of many Key West attractions.

You are fortunate to be in Key West on November 22, because this is usually a very pleasant time of the year weather-wise...no guarantees, though, especially this record setting hurricane year.

I don't know about that particular sunset tour, but we did one last year with Sebago and had a nice time. We spent a week in Key West last Nov - actually DH and I eloped there and got married on 11/22!!! The weather was beautiful - not too hot, not too cool. Everything is close to where the ship docks. If you have a chance, try Blue Heaven for breakfast. It is a local favorite.

Archived