Barcelona air ticket question

We have a way to go but I am starting to look at airfares from Sacramento to Barcelona. :eek: The prices range all over the place. We have decided to keep it to one stop going and maybe two stops on the return flight. I heard that the flights through the cruise ship (NCL) is not the way to go.

I am looking for what experience you had in tickets as to purchasing almost last minute or early for Europe? Did you feel buying the Economy Plus was advantage for leg room? We are both seniors and my grandma (5'8") body is mostly legs. Now that roaming up and down the aisle is frowned on I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting this add on but it is only from US to Europe and not the other way. I have no idea why not.

Thanks for the input.

Linda you might want to post this on the Cruise Discussion Board/ Cruise air, to get the information you seek. However, I can offer this to you. I would get the comfort plus seats. We flew into Barcelona a couple of yrs ago and that's what we had and I'm 8" taller and my DW is 2" shorter than your grandmother and we were glad we had those seats. Purchased airfare 6 months prior. Enjoy your flight and Barcelona. :)

I am flying Sacramento to Charlotte to NY to Barcelona, Return Rome to Boston to Atlanta to Sacramento.

Booked all through my cruise line (Princess). All seats were either Business or First class. Learned that the 'seat lies flat for sleeping" were worth the extra fare.

Total fare was $2,707.

Linda you might want to post this on the Cruise Discussion Board/ Cruise air, to get the information you seek. However, I can offer this to you. I would get the comfort plus seats. We flew into Barcelona a couple of yrs ago and that's what we had and I'm 8" taller and my DW is 2" shorter than your grandmother and we were glad we had those seats. Purchased airfare 6 months prior. Enjoy your flight and Barcelona. :)

Great idea I will post there. I am the Grandma...LOL

I am flying Sacramento to Charlotte to NY to Barcelona, Return Rome to Boston to Atlanta to Sacramento.

Booked all through my cruise line (Princess). All seats were either Business or First class. Learned that the 'seat lies flat for sleeping" were worth the extra fare.

Total fare was $2,707.

Thanks for your information. It looks like you may be a "Honorable Shellback" like my DH though I love to tease him that I am the Shellback and he is a "Pollywog". ;)

Thanks for your information. It looks like you may be a "Honorable Shellback" like my DH though I love to tease him that I am the Shellback and he is a "Pollywog". ;)

Closest I have gotten was Panama Canal/Cartegena. still a polliwog :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk