Freedom of the Seas - Panoramic View Overview and a Question

We just returned from a week on FoS. While planning I had a lot of questions about the new panoramic views on the 12th deck. Thought I would return with my update.

LOVED IT!!!!

Previous cruises we always had a balcony and I thought I would miss it. This time we were in cabin 1862. I loved being able to look out at the sea first thing in the morning. Caught an awesome sun rise one day.

It was quiet - you never heard anything from the 11th deck.

Easy to get to the 11th deck especially when in your swim gear

Very little turbulence. Felt a bit when the ship was 'backing into a port' but really that's it. It was very short lived. When I got off the ship, didn't have sea legs at all.

Highly recommend these rooms!

Question: Wondering if any other ships have them? Freedom is the only one I know of.

... Question: Wondering if any other ships have them? Freedom is the only one I know of.

Liberty, Voyager, Navigator, and Explorer have them.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just booked accessible cabin 1814 on NAVIGATOR that is larger and has even more windows than standard Panoramic cabin. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm just wondering about the accessible cabins...

I assume you are in a wheelchair... so what proof do you have to give to be able to book one of these rooms?

I'm curious... as my sister is in a wheelchair 70% of the time when she's on holidays... and I know she will be interested in one of these rooms when she hears we are staying in one.

I'm not quite in a wheel chair but because of severe back issues I have a walker and cane. Also CPap machine and diabetic medicine. The cruise line has you fill out a special needs form to list your full or partial disabilities. My Doctor also provides me with a letter stating my issues too, just in case it's needed. Hope this helps a bit.

I'm not quite in a wheel chair but because of severe back issues I have a walker and cane. Also CPap machine and diabetic medicine. The cruise line has you fill out a special needs form to list your full or partial disabilities. My Doctor also provides me with a letter stating my issues too, just in case it's needed. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Dave

It's good to know that they police these things. Imagine how quickly all the accessible cabins would disappear if they didn't!

You aren't kidding. We are on the Grandeur in February and could not get an accessible cabin. I guess this older ship doesn't have many accessible cabins to begin with and they were all taken when we booked. No biggie. Just blessed that we can even cruise and I'm sure I'll be fine.