9/18 Epic -- confused about Marseilles

mal&jason

So we leave a little more than 2 weeks from today and the Marseilles port is still on our trip itinerary but there are no excursions that show up for it, with the exception of the one I booked (Les Baux de Provence).

I know that the Marseilles port has been changed to Palma de Majorca next year. Since there are no excursions listed, do you think that this change will also be in effect for my sailing? Has anyone else who recently cruised noticed this problem? Do you just have to sign up for excursions on board, like if I want to change it?

Thanks,

Mallory

Our cruise is just over a month - 2nd October. MyNCL is showing 11 excursions for the Marseille stop. But they are not listed in chronological order.

There are 88 excursions showing for the whole cruise and the Marseille trips seems spread out amongst the list.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

So we leave a little more than 2 weeks from today and the Marseilles port is still on our trip itinerary but there are no excursions that show up for it, with the exception of the one I booked (Les Baux de Provence).

I know that the Marseilles port has been changed to Palma de Majorca next year. Since there are no excursions listed, do you think that this change will also be in effect for my sailing? Has anyone else who recently cruised noticed this problem? Do you just have to sign up for excursions on board, like if I want to change it?

Thanks,

Mallory

Once you book a shore excursion, the only thing that will show up is the excursion you booked and any others that could be booked without conflicts in time.

Hey, I doubt they're changing the port but I just got back from NCL Epic not a week ago, and a number of passengers stayed on the boat during the Marseille stop. The refugee situation there has made a number of people uncomfortable so they chose to just use that day as another day as sea.

Just a honest heads up.

Hey, I doubt they're changing the port but I just got back from NCL Epic not a week ago, and a number of passengers stayed on the boat during the Marseille stop. The refugee situation there has made a number of people uncomfortable so they chose to just use that day as another day as sea.

Just a honest heads up.

Thanks Sashkenka. We decided to cancel our Marseilles excursion since reading your post. We will be tired from the port-intensive cruise and I took your heads up to heart, as well. Appreciate the input. Mallory

I am not aware of any particular "refugee situation" in Marseille (not sure if anyone would notice if there were one… :cool:) Most people spend very little time in the city, anyway, and head for smaller towns in the mountains (as the OP was planning to do) or further along the coast.

I can understand steering people away from Marseille itself, but I would never encourage anyone to just stay on board the whole day.

Thanks,

Mallory

Hello Mallory,

We just got back from sailing the Norwegian Epic. We took a tour by Provence Connection out of Marseilles it was 7 hours to Ax En Provence, Cassis and city tour of Marseilles. It was 95 Euros per person. Private tour of upto 8, but will do the tour for 2 passengers.

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely,

Nan

Hi Mallory, I did the same tour as wellwishes57 and had a lovely time. There were four of us on the tour. The two of us and two other people from the ship that we didn't know. It was a lovely tour last April. I booked all our tours off ship as they were cheaper and allowed me to bring my mobility scooter. We saw no refugees. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by wind23song

Once you book a shore excursion, the only thing that will show up is the excursion you booked and any others that could be booked without conflicts in time.

I don't if if that is entirely correct either. I have an excursion for our Bermuda cruise already booked and in the ones it shows me that excursion is still listed as an option, even though I have it booked already.

I don't if if that is entirely correct either. I have an excursion for our Bermuda cruise already booked and in the ones it shows me that excursion is still listed as an option, even though I have it booked already.
Because you're in Bermuda for 3 days. In theory you could do that same excursion twice, maybe even 3 times.

• 2 weeks later...