20% Off drink packages?

WMQueenie

Yes, it has the 20% off if it says it - but the 18% gratuity usually has to be added on. Also you might want to look at this thread as it looks like prices are going up on Tuesday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2397588

I was reading that thread which prompted me to look at the prices again. Didn't know you had to add 18% on top of that price....hmmmmmm.....not sure I can drink that much!

I was reading that thread which prompted me to look at the prices again. Didn't know you had to add 18% on top of that price....hmmmmmm.....not sure I can drink that much!

Wait until you see the price of drinks onboard.:eek:

You will pay the 18% one way or the other. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must understand the pricing games that RCI plays. Some prices are quoted with gratuities included; others without. I've yet to figure out how the 20% discount is calculated, and I'm no slouch with numbers. One thing you need to take into account; if you're considering the Premium package for $44 per day (without gratuities), do it before Sept 6th. After that, the only alcoholic beverages package that seems to be available will be $55 (again, without grats). On the other hand, this new package may be only for U.K. cruisers; or maybe not. Simple, eh?

You must understand the pricing games that RCI plays. Some prices are quoted with gratuities included; others without. I've yet to figure out how the 20% discount is calculated, and I'm no slouch with numbers. One thing you need to take into account; if you're considering the Premium package for $44 per day (without gratuities), do it before Sept 6th. After that, the only alcoholic beverages package that seems to be available will be $55 (again, without grats). On the other hand, this new package may be only for U.K. cruisers; or maybe not. Simple, eh?

That's what I am trying to figure out. Do I go ahead and purchase the $48 for my March 17 LOS or hold out and see if they offer a discount on the $55. Or, will they even offer the $55 to US?

That's what I am trying to figure out. Do I go ahead and purchase the $48 for my March 17 LOS or hold out and see if they offer a discount on the $55. Or, will they even offer the $55 to US?

You can always purchase now. If the new package is to your advantage, cancel and book the new one.

You can always purchase now. If the new package is to your advantage, cancel and book the new one.

Ditto. Lock in the price now and if it changes, cancel and book the new package if the price is lower. Buying drink packages right now is a fluid situation. :p