Just off Enchantment - Beach Beds! Etc.

renech

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going in November and recently booked the "Beach Lounger for Two" for me and my daughter. I DID pay for 2 people, but only booked 1 lounger, so should I call RCI and have them change it? When I booked online, it seemed like the occupancy was for 2 people, but each had to pay.

Here is the pre booking info we received.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CABANAS HOLDS A MAXIMUM OF ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS.

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

Layout & Rental

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

Pictures here.... but did not post

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 8, 9,10,11,12 &13 -- $225

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Cabanas # 3,4,5,6 & 7 --- $275

You are getting a much better rate than this.... maybe not the same thing???

Edited by troykahack

Can someone tell me what area or beach that these "Beach Beds" are located? Are they near the tender area and cabanas or are they at the far end? We like to snorkel and use our own equipment. Just wondering if it's far from that area.

The area is not near the tender area, it's past the children's watertoys area, by where the clamshells used to be. It's a walkable distance, but as hot as it was when we were there, I wouldn't want to walk it. Fwiw, there were people snorkeling off the beach, but farther out since it's fairly shallow.

I'm going in November and recently booked the "Beach Lounger for Two" for me and my daughter. I DID pay for 2 people, but only booked 1 lounger, so should I call RCI and have them change it? When I booked online, it seemed like the occupancy was for 2 people, but each had to pay.

I'm not positive what Beach Lounger for Two refers to, but I'm guessing it's what they are calling the Cabinettes/Clamshells these days? I know the Beach Beds are definitely called "Beach BEDS."

Here is the pre booking info we received.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CABANAS HOLDS A MAXIMUM OF ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS.

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

Layout & Rental

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

Pictures here.... but did not post

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 8, 9,10,11,12 &13 -- $225

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Cabanas # 3,4,5,6 & 7 --- $275

You are getting a much better rate than this.... maybe not the same thing???

No, not the same thing. The Cabanas are located in a different area. I have booked one before and I will say that it's not my favorite area to be located. Too hot and rocky. And I prefer being able to walk directly into the water.

There are changes happening on CocoCay, and among the new options are Beach Bungalows, and Beach Beds. We were in the Beds, which we loved and would absolutely do again. The Bungalows were located right next to us and looked very nice as well if you had a larger group. These were all on the South Beach area - which is more shallow, but was great for people like us who just want to float around on mats, or cool off on the water now and then.

I do think it's a transitional time for CocoCay so who knows if prices and options will be the same from week to week as they see what works out best.

I was actually considering booking this but I am a little confused by the price. Was the amount you paid per person? I see on the cruise planner a price of $150 but when I go to book it, it changes the total to $300.00 for both DH & myself. This seems very expensive. Any input would be appreciated. TIA

when booking them, just put one person, although they can hold up to six..

I wonder if this is going to phase out the cabinettes. They seem to have dropped in price on my upcoming trip and it does not mention on the website of free mats

They no longer include the mats, the bottled water or the fruit plate. that is why they dropped the price..

yes, cancel one of the reservations..

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked the bungalow. How do I add my guests? I want to include two guests from a separate reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You actually don't need to. They will deliver one ticket to your stateroom and when you check in at that area, they will ask how many people and then they give wristbands to whoever you have with you. As long as it's 6 or less, you're fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all for this thread, so many questions I had and no longer do :)

Can anyone tell me if the sides of the beds can be closed with the material? I noticed some of the pics were very sunny and I'm very burny. Like Irish descendant burn :)

The curtains do untie and they do cover across the sides but if it's a breezy day, you may have trouble getting then to stay in place. It was breezy the day we were there (which was great) so the curtains didn't stay in place. However, at the time we were there (10-2 or so), the shade from the roof was plenty as the sun was high in the sky so the sides being open wasn't an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this old thread back but I'm curious... Are the new beach bungalows the replacement for the cabanas? I thought that suite guests had access to a cabana rental but on the cruise planner I see there are the bungalows for rent at $150/per.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bring this old thread back but I'm curious... Are the new beach bungalows the replacement for the cabanas? I thought that suite guests had access to a cabana rental but on the cruise planner I see there are the bungalows for rent at $150/per.

It appears that you can't book the Cabanas until you are on the boat unless you are in a Suite. Either was the Suite and up group gets first dibs on them.

The bungalows are in addition to the Cabanas and are located on a different section of the island and can be booked by anyone.

They no longer include the mats, the bottled water or the fruit plate. that is why they dropped the price..

When I was there in October all of these things were included. This is my first time back in the thread, I may post some pictures after getting myself up to date on the posts since my last visit.

ok, so I'm confused... do the Beach Beds get access to private buffet or do we have to go join the masses?

We were not invited to the private buffet, but we ordered off a nice, but limited menu and had it delivered to our spot.

We were not invited to the private buffet, but we ordered off a nice, but limited menu and had it delivered to our spot.

Interesting that they changed it from when I was there. How was the food? What kind of options did you have? I kind of like the idea of having it delivered to me more than having to shuttle over to the private lunch.