Newark Airport Express

jt58203

I haven't seen any recent discussion here about the Newark Airport Express bus. Has anyone used it lately? It sounds like a great option, especially if the stop at EWR is easy to find. It would drop us off very close to our hotel in Manhattan (Intercontinental Times Square), runs every 15 minutes, and cheap--$16 adults one way & seniors $8 (My hubby qualifies for this, lol). So $24 for the two of us, plus tip, one-way, compared with $38 SuperShuttle (with discount code online), or car service, around $75 (dial 7 has fares starting at $48 but only if one travels between 4:15 AM and 7:45 PM).

They are fine to use. Back in the WTC days when I lived, worked & traveled out of downtown Manhattan, I used to take the EWR airporter bus at the Vista Hotel stop on West Street - as it would take the Holland Tunnel & loop around before going to the midtown PA Bus Terminal - fares actually has risen that much since the 1980's and 1990's, a bargain.

Just beware that it is subject to traffic delays so be mindful only if you have a tight connection on the return trip to EWR, if you are flying to your next destination afterward, etc. Pack & travel light and you really do not want to bring a "big" backpack onto the bus - and check the limit on # of free checked luggage. Safe travel !

We recommend the airport bus as well as the train all the time, but I've sensed a low level of interest from our posters.

My wife will be taking it this Friday TO Newark, she is on UA and I'm out of JFK on B6. I will be taking her to the stop near Grand Central Terminal. After the weekend I will let you know her impression of it.

Ha, will be using all three NYC airports this weekend, returning to LGA and will report back on the traffic issues too.

FWIW