Teen programs on the Getaway

Escaping2016

Hi I am just wondering what they have for teens. My son is going to be 14 and on our last cruise this past April he was a little disappointed that there wasn't more for teens it seemed as if most things were either geared toward adults or much younger children. Any suggestions or experience with a teen on the Getaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the getaway last aug and my son was 15. he LOVED the teen club. they had alot of things planned for them. He was out later then us couple nites! lol. He told us he wants to go on another cruise before he turns 18 so he can do the club agian...so we have the getaway booked for nov next year going to mexico this time.

We were on the getaway last aug and my son was 15. he LOVED the teen club. they had alot of things planned for them. He was out later then us couple nites! lol. He told us he wants to go on another cruise before he turns 18 so he can do the club agian...so we have the getaway booked for nov next year going to mexico this time.

On our last cruise,our teens were 15 and 17, and to say they were out later than us is an understatement! As always, went to the club the first night, and after that, with the exception of some dinners, shows, and time off of the ship, we didn't see them. On our next cruise, our 3 youngest will be in the teen club, but the 2 oldest will be 18 and 20, too old. We will sign a waiver allowing beer and wine, and hopefully they'll meet people their age.

Hi I am just wondering what they have for teens. My son is going to be 14 and on our last cruise this past April he was a little disappointed that there wasn't more for teens it seemed as if most things were either geared toward adults or much younger children. Any suggestions or experience with a teen on the Getaway.

I would also like to know about the teen club on Getaway. My grandson is 14 and I am hoping that the teen club has a lot of activities and that he can meet some other teens that are compatible. We are going on getaway on nov 20 of this year. Last Thanksgiving we went on the Escape, the first 7 day cruise and he was so disappointed since there were very few planned activities. Could be that since it was a new ship, the staff just wasn't into it yet.

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but my 3 kids have been on Getaway 3 times at ages 13,15,15 and then 14,16,16.

The first trip had very dull group leaders who would cancel activities if only 3-5 kids showed up. They did enjoy a scavenger hunt.

The next cruise had a group of teens who "hooked up" and "made out" during the 2 times my kids went. Again there were lackluster group leaders.

P

They didn't bother on the third trip.

(I apologize for all the extra comas. Glitchy keypad!)

They did make friends outside of the club at the ping pong table area. This was a very teen-filled area and lots of fun. Many languages spoken . They enjoyed meeting kids here and playing so much that we brought ping pong balls with us the next cruise. The balls disappear over the course of the week, or wise a$$$ Es crunch them.

They had a better time going to OSheehans

and the arcade than to the teen club. Just make sure your teen knows how much he is spending on the games- they get pricey!

I have to caveat this with the fact that my 3 are like their own club. It didn't matter as much if they found new teens to hang with as they have such a great time together and we spent a lot of our time as a family. We had all,of,our meals together, went to the shows together, etc.

Edited by Annmeat

I have to caveat this with the fact that my 3 are like their own club. It didn't matter as much if they found new teens to hang with as they have such a great time together and we spent a lot of our time as a family. We had all,of,our meals together, went to the shows together, etc.

My son spends a lot of time with the family as well but he is the only teen and I just was hoping that maybe he may have more fun if he could do things with kids his age or at least participate in more games and activities. On the Escape the regular pool was full of little kids and the larger pool where all the deck activities took place was for adults only and the games in the atrium as well as poolside were for adults