Question about Lido Market on Koningsdam

wdblake

I saw a recent review which said they had lobster and filet mignon in the Lido market. Does this mean they match the main diner room diner offerings in the Lido market?

Any help appreciated!

I haven't heard that, if it's true that would be amazing! Can you post the link to the review?

I saw a recent review which said they had lobster and filet mignon in the Lido market. Does this mean they match the main diner room diner offerings in the Lido market?
I'm skeptical. I think if true, we would have heard about it many times on this forum.

Any help appreciated!

Well that would be just Amazing if they did. Can you link the review you read?

We were on the Koningsdam in August, and they advertised steak and lobster in the Lido on the same night as they had it in MDR. I seem to remember someone saying they went there and ate three lobster tails (I guess it was good). From looking at the menu, I don't know that they duplicated the MDR menu every night, but I believe that the main entrees were also in the Lido. I liked having the options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the lido served steak and lobster during my 14 day Norway cruise. In addition, they advertised fresh seafood from several of the ports.

The food in the lido far exceeded our expectations. I did not eat there for dinner due to the rest of our travel party preferring the MDR. Given that we had the center aft table with floor to ceiling windows I wasn't exactly roughing it down there! However, I found the seafood offerings in the MDR disappointing (they weren't bad, just average) and would have enjoyed trying some of the "swimming this morning on your plate tonight" fare in the Lido. The MDR seafood was the same thing you would have on any cruise. I, unfortunately, set my expectations too high since we would be in Norway. Lesson learned.

The Lido has a bad rap due to non-intutive lines and not enough seating**. The food is the best food I have ever had in a Lido experience. I truly think the organizational and seating issues will improve over time and especially as more repeat cruisers board this ship.

**I've typed this before but it bears repeating over and over... take your plate and walk a very short distance to either to the adult only pool area (Aft) or the main pool area (going towards midship). The tables are all set for meals and there are always seats available. It's clear the crew is aware of the seating problems in the Lido and are doing their best to make accommodations. The atmosphere outside of the Lido is far superior not to mention quieter. The Lido pool area is beautiful. As more people become aware to do this the overcrowding in the Lido will subside.

Edited by FearTheFrog