shoreexcursioneer.com any experience?

moonlitmagik

I've seen this site posted throughout the forums several times - has anyone here had any experience booking excursions through that site / vendor? I'm on Ncl Pearl in jan. 2017 and this site has TONS of excursions (and very nice pricing I will add) much more to offer than just booking through NCL. Ideally I want to snorkel (take my underwater camera for pictures) maybe parasail (did it in Va Beach and LOVE it), and then relax on the beach eat some local food, maybe get a massage. Unfortunately we are only in Cozumel for 1 day. If anyone can report back their experience be it positive or negative, I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty adventurous person and this site just has so many fun things to do I'm like on vacation overload here!

I've seen this site posted throughout the forums several times - has anyone here had any experience booking excursions through that site / vendor? I'm on Ncl Pearl in jan. 2017 and this site has TONS of excursions (and very nice pricing I will add) much more to offer than just booking through NCL. Ideally I want to snorkel (take my underwater camera for pictures) maybe parasail (did it in Va Beach and LOVE it), and then relax on the beach eat some local food, maybe get a massage. Unfortunately we are only in Cozumel for 1 day. If anyone can report back their experience be it positive or negative, I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty adventurous person and this site just has so many fun things to do I'm like on vacation overload here!

They are a broker site so any individual tour will only be as good as the individual vendor.

I have used this site previously and have not had any administrative problems. I have used the live chat and have had many, but not all questions answered.

I have used them and didn't like them. I would rather go directly to the tour operator such as Mr. Sachs and book from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of Mr Sachs. Did you have problems on Cozumel or elsewhere?

As stated earlier they only act as administrators, did you have problems with that?

I've also had good experiences with them. You make a deposit on line and pay the balance IN CASH to the vendor. I had to cancel one of my upcoming excursions and received a prompt refund of my deposit.

QUOTE]

Our confirmation says CASH, VISA or MASTERCARD when we get to 'excursion meeting place'.

Sorry was suppose to be Mr. Sancho's. My reason is I had a problem with a refund for a tour in Cartagena, Colombia, took about 6 weeks to get it and several calls.

Besides the long refund I have read on many sites, CC and Trip Advisor are two of them, that you should never pay a deposit on a shore excursion/tour. Almost all tour operators ask for payment at the end of the tour. I understand that a $10 deposit will probably stop you from cancelling or no showing, plus many people don't want to deal with asking for and getting a refund.

Shoreexcursioneer and Viator are clearing houses for the tour operators and a few of their tours say no refund. Really need to read the fine print before booking on them.

It is really my preference, not anyone elses.

Sorry was suppose to be Mr. Sancho's. My reason is I had a problem with a refund for a tour in Cartagena, Colombia, took about 6 weeks to get it and several calls.

Besides the long refund I have read on many sites, CC and Trip Advisor are two of them, that you should never pay a deposit on a shore excursion/tour. Almost all tour operators ask for payment at the end of the tour. I understand that a $10 deposit will probably stop you from cancelling or no showing, plus many people don't want to deal with asking for and getting a refund.

Shoreexcursioneer and Viator are clearing houses for the tour operators and a few of their tours say no refund. Really need to read the fine print before booking on them.

It is really my preference, not anyone elses.

Sorry to hear you had problems with one of your tours - I have heard of that occasionally. I think sometimes it depends on the circumstances of your cancellation, or the tour operator you are dealing with, which is why I asked if it was in Cozumel. It has been many, many years since I heard of problems with Mr Sanchos and that was when they were using another third-party agent who is no longer in business, at least under the same name.

I agree many small independents will only take cash at the end of the tour because I don't think they can administer a deposit fee from overseas. Some will use PayPal these days but will deduct a fee from any deposit refund.

I have found that some tours are less expensive through a broker, and sometimes less by booking direct - I usually check both prices and then book accordingly.