Mamma Mia May 2017

chelsirawson

Hi! I just booked a western Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale May 21st. I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing Mamma Mia. Does anyone know how long a show normally stays on one ship? My fingers are crossed that it will be on Allure for atleast 8 more months. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated 😊

Hi! I just booked a western Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale May 21st. I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing Mamma Mia. Does anyone know how long a show normally stays on one ship? My fingers are crossed that it will be on Allure for atleast 8 more months. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated 😊

I think someone posted on another thread that while the cast may change every few months, RCCL usually signs a contract for these shows for at least 5 years so I think you should be good

I think someone posted on another thread that while the cast may change every few months, RCCL usually signs a contract for these shows for at least 5 years so I think you should be good

That is consistent with what I believe we have seen so far. Hair Spray stayed on Oasis for about 5 years and Chicago was on Allure from around 2010 (not sure of date +/- a few months for the forum fact checkers. I think Mama Mia started sometime in 2015, so the OP should be good. Anyway, they will find out quicker. My first two times on Allure you couldn't book shows till about 45 days ahead, but that is much longer now.

That is consistent with what I believe we have seen so far. Hair Spray stayed on Oasis for about 5 years and Chicago was on Allure from around 2010 (not sure of date +/- a few months for the forum fact checkers. I think Mama Mia started sometime in 2015, so the OP should be good. Anyway, they will find out quicker. My first two times on Allure you couldn't book shows till about 45 days ahead, but that is much longer now.

Mamma Mia started in October 2015 on Allure.

Thank you all for your responses [emoji4] I'm so happy to hear that Mamma Mia should still be playing [emoji4] My son and I have been listening to the sound track non stop and can't wait to hear the songs live [emoji4]

We saw it on Quantum, before they sent her to China. The RC production is awesome.

Thank you all for your responses I'm so happy to hear that Mamma Mia should still be playing My son and I have been listening to the sound track non stop and can't wait to hear the songs live

We were on Allure for two weeks this past February and enjoyed the show both weeks. It is an excellent production. Be sure to book all of your shows and dinner times well in advance of sailing - it makes life so much easier. Also, arrive at the show venues about 40 minutes early so that you can get the best seating in the various venues. Fifteen minutes prior to show times they will start allowing people with no reservations to enter the theaters. Allure is one of our favorite ships - enjoy!

BTW - the main dining room can be "live". We booked My Time Dining. When we boarded we went to the dining room to talk with one of the hostesses about our reservation times, etc. We asked to be seated in a "quiet area". There is a small dining room off to the side of the main room that was wonderful - great wait staff and very enjoyable for enjoying table conversation.

We were on Allure for two weeks this past February and enjoyed the show both weeks. It is an excellent production. Be sure to book all of your shows and dinner times well in advance of sailing - it makes life so much easier. Also, arrive at the show venues about 40 minutes early so that you can get the best seating in the various venues. Fifteen minutes prior to show times they will start allowing people with no reservations to enter the theaters. Allure is one of our favorite ships - enjoy!

BTW - the main dining room can be "live". We booked My Time Dining. When we boarded we went to the dining room to talk with one of the hostesses about our reservation times, etc. We asked to be seated in a "quiet area". There is a small dining room off to the side of the main room that was wonderful - great wait staff and very enjoyable for enjoying table conversation.

This makes me so excited!! My son is only 6, so I haven't decided if I'll let him attend Mamma Mia, but he loves the music as much as I do!! 😊 I will definitely book all my show times in advance and I'll make sure I arrive very early, thank you for that suggestion 😊 We have early dining at 6pm with a group of almost 20 family members, I've already reviewed the Daily Compasses and have a rough draft based on the current ones 😊 Even though they might change by May 😉 I really appreciate your advice and suggestions!