Crystal Mozart Docking locations

SuzCruise

Talking to various captains on our river cruising journeys, they do actually talk to each other so occasionaly you may feel the ship speed up or slow down and when you reach your port another ship has either just passed you traveling in the opposite direction or you can see one ahead having just moved off. Of course there are some docking locations where the local authorities decide your docking spot so there is no choice the crew have to dock where they are told to sometimes with some interesting results. Three boats rafted up the inner one is late leaving because a tour bus has broken down, the middle one is staying the longest and the outer one is stopping for the passengers to leave for most of the day to collect them from another location but whilst there will be taking aboard a lot of supplies. Because of the different ship designs it is through one and over the top the next two, not the best of situations. Short captains discussion inner boat moves to outside, outer boat moves to inside, passengers leave this boat crews from all three boats help load supplies and this boat leaves for next location, the boat staying the longest is now on the inside and the broken down tour bus arrives so the now outer boat can get on its way. All done with the minimum of fuss and this was three different river cruise companies, I had a crocked ankle so stayed on board a very interesting and informative day I didn't miss my excursion at all. CA

CA, the scenario you laid out sounds fascinating! My husband and I agree that we might need to hang out on the boat if we are rafted to a bunch of other boats to see what develops in hopes of getting a similar show.

"Go with the flow" is great advice for dealing with situations you weren't prepared for that arrise while you are on vacation. But the point of these forums is preparing for vacation. We are all on these boards to share information or seek information as we plan for our cruises. In planning we hope to not be caught unprepared. That is the reason I asked for responses from people who had experience with the docking locations of the Crystal Mozart, so I could plan my activities in different ports and not be caught unaware of traveling distances. I don't find "Go with the flow" to be a helpful response to that question. I find it dismissive, rude and moronic.

I do appreciate all the helpful advice provided from everyone else.