Would you make this "upsell?"

RADGIRL80

Hi,

My husband and I are sailing on the Norwegian Getaway in early November. We booked a mini suite guarantee and got assigned a mid ship one on deck 9 right above la cucina. The B6 balconies (large but forward) are currently priced $140 more total. We use our balconies a TON on sea days. We prefer the quiet of our balcony to the public decks.

I'm not even sure it would be allowed to pay extra to go from our mini suite to a balcony since it's not technically an upgrade. Anyone have experience with this? I don't want to lose our current perks: $100 OBC, beverage package, and 4 meal SDP.

Another option is to try and upsell to the haven at under 30 days. But I'm not willing to pay more than $1,500 total to do that. If I risk waiting, the B6 will

most likely be gone by then.

What would you do? Stay put, try for a B6 (not sure this is even possible), or try for a haven suite at under 30 days?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

My husband and I are sailing on the Norwegian Getaway in early November. We booked a mini suite guarantee and got assigned a mid ship one on deck 9 right above la cucina. The B6 balconies (large but forward) are currently priced $140 more total. We use our balconies a TON on sea days. We prefer the quiet of our balcony to the public decks.

I'm not even sure it would be allowed to pay extra to go from our mini suite to a balcony since it's not technically an upgrade. Anyone have experience with this? I don't want to lose our current perks: $100 OBC, beverage package, and 4 meal SDP.

Another option is to try and upsell to the haven at under 30 days. But I'm not willing to pay more than $1,500 total to do that. If I risk waiting, the B6 will

most likely be gone by then.

What would you do? Stay put, try for a B6 (not sure this is even possible), or try for a haven suite at under 30 days?

Thanks in advance!!

I would try for the HAven suite. If you rebook you will lose your perks and get the new ones available at least that is been my experience. For instance right now we are Balcony mid ship and we sail un 39 days, there are tons of suites available not to mention mini suites we are waiting to upsell naybe even get free upgrade...if that becomes available.

You might not have the option of the "traditional upsell" as it has been reported for Getaway cruises after Oct 29th, NCL is testing out the bidding system for higher category cabins.

I am sailing end of Nov and still to receive this email invitation, but it has been reported that several have, including those who originally booked inside cabins.

I am in a mini guarantee booked in January, so not sure what the criteria is for being "invited to bid"?

You might not have the option of the "traditional upsell" as it has been reported for Getaway cruises after Oct 29th, NCL is testing out the bidding system for higher category cabins.

I am sailing end of Nov and still to receive this email invitation, but it has been reported that several have, including those who originally booked inside cabins.

I am in a mini guarantee booked in January, so not sure what the criteria is for being "invited to bid"?

Good Lord! What's next maybe auctions at the dock for the Haven.

I've done a suite once and IMO the way the pricing is going it's not a win for the passengers.