Drink package regrets?

Vibrantvirgo81

I kind of had second thought about purchasing it mid way through my cruise. In the past on a five day cruise, I pick two nights where I drink and enjoy myself, and just a drink here and there on the other days.

This cruise, I wanted to make sure I broke even daily, but I never really got anywhere near tipsy. I was drinking mainly blue patron margaritas. A morning frappuccino, 2-3 sodas, 4-6 margarita's a day ( one day I had 8), and bottled water with dinner, I broke even. I feel that I spent more than I realistically would have on drinks than past cruises, but I never indulged with a trip to the coffee shop in the past either.

I more than likely will purchase it again depending on the length of the cruise.

Carnival's main goal with the Cheer's program is the reach out and get more people to spend more than they would have in the past, which worked for people like me. They are probably making roughly 500% of of each bottle of booze that they purchase.

Edited by Gamecock_Cruiser

Just off Miracle ..I know I broke even only had 4 or 5 drinks a day but high $$$ ones ....would I do it again not sure , the thing that did upset me was Coffee Shop opens 7am ..I am early bird so wanted my decent coffee way earlier ..add on only one Barista and being 3 rd or 4th in line it was frustrating for me . The coffee was worth the wait .

Alchemy just the best yummy drinks .

Just off Miracle ..I know I broke even only had 4 or 5 drinks a day but high $$$ ones ....would I do it again not sure , the thing that did upset me was Coffee Shop opens 7am ..I am early bird so wanted my decent coffee way earlier ..add on only one Barista and being 3 rd or 4th in line it was frustrating for me . The coffee was worth the wait .

Just off Freedom, had similar problems. The coffee barista was not there as had to go and get "supplies". After 15 minutes of waiting, I had asked about 20 people that passed by and they all said, he was the only one that could make the coffee. Finally, a manager of some sort came and started making my coffee. Before he finished the "coffee" guy showed up and he finished it. He had left to pick up paper cups, etc... I told the "manager" that if there is only one person to make coffee, then the job to go away and pick up cups should be deligated to someone else. I talked to several people on that cruise that said they never got the specialty coffees as there wasn't any one there to take their order. There was another bigger place to get them at, but, as our cabin was on the Lido, wanted to get one close. But, you are right, it was worth the wait. The chocolate lovers dream, yum, I am trying to duplicate it at home, so far, NOT.:(

I was thinking of getting Cheers, but I will forsure now if it also includes special coffee and milk shakes and higher priced booze. I did get it last time but I was with my husband, and it was very much worth it, in April we are having a girls trip and I am sharing with my sister, we do like to drink and with these new addictions I think it will be make the budget :)