HELP! NOLA, hotel, parking St Greg!

jmedlin78@gmail.com

I leave next week. Will be driving to NOLA Sept 30 and leave port Oct 1. I need to know where to stay, park, etc. I prefer a place close enough to walk if possible! How far is it to walk from Fulton Garage, is that my best bet? I am traveling with 17, 16 and 10 yo. Really just interested in a place to sleep the night before! PLEASE HELP!!

We have used Fulton Garage several times with no issues and there is a free shuttle from the garage to the port but I personally wouldn't walk to the port from the garage with luggage. Some people drop off passengers and luggage at port then go park in garage and that person can walk to port or catch the free shuttle. You can reserve a spot online and then just print your confirmation to give to the attendant as you pull into the garage. The top level of the garage is a little cheaper, but it is not covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.newolreansparking.com to book Fulton...You don't want to walk from Fulton...take the free shuttle. If you stay at Hilton Riverside you can walk through the riverwalk mall that is attached to it to get to the port.

I can help with some hotwire hotels.

The most popular hotel for cruisers is Hilton Riverside which you can get on hotwire as a 4* FrenchQuarter/Mississippi River area hotel with 90% recommendation for $102 for you night (Be sure to pick 2 adults and 2 children before you search to ensure a two bed room).

If you want to still be close but get a lower rate and free breakfast, the 3 star all suites hotel in the warehouse district with 95% recommendation for $87 should be Staybridge Suites.

Here are the cheapest hotels...nice but a little farther away from the port:

3.5* French Quarter-Bourbon Street 85% recommendation $72 - Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter

4 star Downtown-Superdome 95% recommendation $74 - Hyatt Regency

Edited by Saint Greg

Thanks, I done the hotwire thing for the first time. I got the Old hotel 77. Any and all info would be great! We will be arriving early Friday morning and cruising Saturday. It will probably be our only visit to NOLA. I would love a list of things to do and ways to get about! THANK YOU in advance!!