Spa

Lady Vidora

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on what prices are on port days for things like massages? We're just wondering how much to budget. Also, are shore excursions almost always in the morning, or do they have them in the afternoon so that we could do a spa visit before an excursion? Just wondering, not worrying:D . I find it fun to think about spas, and ships, and the Caribbean.....*sigh*

Here are some massages offered on the Sapphire Princess with Port day pricing:

Couples Full Body Lotus Massage | 50 Min - $242

You and your favorite person can enjoy a gorgeously relaxing massage in our suite reserved for couples. Our massage therapist will show you sensuous massage techniques that you can practice on each other at home. Then you will both receive an exquisite full body massage.

Deep Tissue Sports Therapy Massage | 50 Min - $116

Excessive stress on the body can cause knots in the muscle tissue and an excessive production of lactic acid causing pain and discomfort. Deep Tissue Sports Therapy Massage helps to relieve the stress on the joints and assist in the healing of sports injuries.

Lotus Full Body Swedish Massage ( 50 Minutes ) | 50 Min - $109

Using aromatherapy oils the full body massage concentrates on your entire body starting from your ankles working slowly up towards your neck using the deep tissue strokes of Swedish massage.

Rasul | 50 Min - $83

Enter into an exotic and aromatic world as you take part in a traditional Arabian cleansing ritual. Organic muds are applied to the body to bring specific therapeutic effects whilst the effects of a gentle steam infused by herbs act to open up the breathing smooth the skin detoxify the body and revitalize energy. To complete the ritual a warm tropical rain pours down from the dome of the rasul and as the muds are washed away so is every last drop of tension in your soul.

Shiatsu Massage | 50 Min - $109

Rebalance your Chakras and assist the Chi-energy to flow freely through the body with Shiatsu Massage. An ancient Japanese healing technique Shiatsu evokes a peaceful awareness in both mind and body.

Chakra Stone Therapy | 75 Min - $175

Since the birth of time many ancient cultures have used the healing power of stones for medicinal and spiritual purposes. In Bali it is believed that stones are filled with the vitality and energy of the water that flows over them in an eternal stream. Harnessing the properties of the stones we bathe them in warm water anoint them with the spicy sensual aromas of the Orient and place them on key energy points of your body to balance the spirit. The deep penetrating heat of the volcanic basalt stone is combined with traditional massage and aromatherapy techniques to release muscular tension. Enveloped in warmth you can achieve a deeper dimension of relaxation to harmonize your energy and invoke a meditative state.

Happy Cruise Dreamin! :p

Recent info from CB 10/8 cruise I took advantage of one of the port day Spa specials on Oct 8-15 Caribbean Princess last week. Special was $89 for 25 minute massage paired with minifacial or exfoliating salt scrub or $99 for 25 minute back/neck massage combined with 25 minute hot stone massage.

I did the $99 combination of regular massage + hot stone massage and it was heavenly! 50 minutes of back/leg/neck/arms massage.

Not sure of the regular cost for the hot stone massage but I think it was a bit more than the Port Day special. I booked the massage appointment about 2:30pm in the afternoon after coming back early from St Thomas due to rain and they had an open for 4 pm that afternoon.

Absolutely no sales pitch for products at the end of the massage which was nice. I heard some tablemates complaining about the high presssured sales pitch after their massages....

While the massage did cost more than ones I have had locally, I thought it was well worth it...

Enjoy your cruise!

If you have scheduled a massage (or other spa treatment) and then a "special" is announced for that same day, are you automatically given the special rate?

Should one wait until specials are announced or just go ahead an book?

You can access the full list of services and prices through your cruise personalizer on the princess web site. You can even pre-reserve days and times. We have done that for our January cruise and are looking forward to extra relaxation.

Hope that helps.

The 'port day' specials for Spa Services were advertised in a flyer available first day when I did the spa tour. Same flyer came to our cabin mailbox on night before first port. My understanding is that the 'Port Day Specials' are different packages and pricing then regular spa services. As such, if you booked one of the regular services on a port day, you would be billed the regular price.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived