Internet on Allure for suites

Mitchatl

Hello everyone! I've been addicted to reading these posts ever since I booked our cruise. You guys seem like a fantastic community!!

This is the first time that we will be staying in a suite w/ Royal and I was curious about one of the perks. It says "Unlimited VOOM High Speed Internet". From my understanding, there are 2 packages. Does anyone know which package comes with the Grand Suite? Is it the read/send text only or is it the steam videos one?

Not that this is a big deal, but does the suites get the gold seapass or a different color now? Just curious.

Also, you guys say a lot of abbreviations. Is there a list of them somewhere? I can figure out some of them, but others I still can't figure out.

Thanks so much for your help! :D

There are several categories of full suites on Allure. Star class which comes with a genie and has a black sea pass card and Sky class which has a blue sea pass card. I know that the Internet provided free to Star class is the surf and stream package. Not sure what is provided to Sky class, but I believe it is surf and stream also.

Thank you so much for your feedback! :D I'm bummed that the internet is not as good as they are claiming :(

I think you will find the Internet fine. I have watched videos and a number of people have periscoped from the Allure with no problem.

Thank you so much for your feedback! :D I'm bummed that the internet is not as good as they are claiming :(

You need context and a lot of know how to evaluate marketing claims. Fastest internet at sea sounds great in the brochure but compared to virtually any home based WiFi connection, it can be pretty crappy. Compared to any other ship based WiFi, it could be great.