Party of 21...How will we be seated?

mistyinca

I can't believe I pulled it off, but I was finally able to get my whole family to take advantage of the $50pp deposit, and we are booked for a family cruise 3/3/18! We have 20 booked so far, and there will most likely be a 21st added. Our reservations are linked so we can be seated together, but HOW will that actually work out?! :eek: I'm certain no one table can seat us all. Has anyone cruised in a party this large, and how did the dining room handle seating?

Thanks!

Edited by mistyinca

We had a party of 18 on our last cruise. All reservations linked (the key step.) They seated us at a 10-top and an 8-top next to each other. They will do their best to get you close. Go to the dining room after you get on the ship and have a look. If you're not happy, speak with the maitre d'.

You'll be at several tables, next to each other.

Which ship? Depending on the ship and MDR layout they can add an extension to a table.

On the Inspiration, we once had 12 and they added a two top to the end. Another time we were 15. We had a 10 top and 5 at a 6 top. They could seat your party at two tables of 8 and a table of 5.

You'll be at several tables, next to each other.

Which ship? Depending on the ship and MDR layout they can add an extension to a table.

On the Inspiration, we once had 12 and they added a two top to the end. Another time we were 15. We had a 10 top and 5 at a 6 top. They could seat your party at two tables of 8 and a table of 5.

This will be on the Magic...

I can't believe I pulled it off, but I was finally able to get my whole family to take advantage of the $50pp deposit, and we are booked for a family cruise 3/3/18! We have 20 booked so far, and there will most likely be a 21st added. Our reservations are linked so we can be seated together, but HOW will that actually work out?! :eek: I'm certain no one table can seat us all. Has anyone cruised in a party this large, and how did the dining room handle seating?

Thanks!

We had a Party of 29 on the Breeze last July, 15 Adults and 14 Children(9-21yo).

The children wanted to sit together so 1 table of 14 , then 2 tables for Adult, 8 and 7. I did email the Maitre D to request that kids sit in 1 table. So they had them squeeze on I think table for 12.

Thanks!

I sailed with a group of 21 people in March and it was just as others said: multiple tables near each other. Kids at one table, and then split the adults up - sometimes ladies at one table with men at another, or mixed couples.

The hardest part was for US to figure out what time to dine; we had any time dining. After a couple nights we decided to split off because it was too much to try to coordinate everyone's activity wishes. This actually became the biggest challenge, splitting our group in their dining computer. The first night we dined separate (as two or three groups), we showed up after others, and were told we'd already dined for the night because the other people had checked in as our group. It was a lot of confusion to realize we needed to be split and let us in. I kept pointing to the table of our friends and saying to the maitre d, "look, they're right there at a table for 4 and we're clearly not with them". It all got resolved, but just keep it in mind in case you need to split your group at some point.

We have traveled with a party of 21 on the Dream. I linked the reservations and then emailed the MD and requested us to be fit into 2 tables, preferably off to the side and not in the middle of the dining room. On the dream class, they have tables for 10 by the window/wall so we had 2 tables for 10 (short end of table near window) and one table had a chair on the end. It worked very well. We felt close enough to socialize without disturbing the people around us. This was in the aft dining room.

I sailed with a group of 21 people in March and it was just as others said: multiple tables near each other. Kids at one table, and then split the adults up - sometimes ladies at one table with men at another, or mixed couples.

The hardest part was for US to figure out what time to dine; we had any time dining. After a couple nights we decided to split off because it was too much to try to coordinate everyone's activity wishes. This actually became the biggest challenge, splitting our group in their dining computer. The first night we dined separate (as two or three groups), we showed up after others, and were told we'd already dined for the night because the other people had checked in as our group. It was a lot of confusion to realize we needed to be split and let us in. I kept pointing to the table of our friends and saying to the maitre d, "look, they're right there at a table for 4 and we're clearly not with them". It all got resolved, but just keep it in mind in case you need to split your group at some point.

We always do assigned dining when traveling with large groups, it's just easier.

The hardest part was for US to figure out what time to dine; we had any time dining.

Yeah. That part is already taken care of. We have assigned early seating all of us.:D

We had a Party of 29 on the Breeze last July, 15 Adults and 14 Children(9-21yo).

The children wanted to sit together so 1 table of 14 , then 2 tables for Adult, 8 and 7. I did email the Maitre D to request that kids sit in 1 table. So they had them squeeze on I think table for 12.

Let me ask you, when you e-mailed the maitre'd did you hear back from anyone or just found out once onboard? I've e-mailed them about our party of 23 (and how we'd like to be arranged at 3 separate tables) but did not get a reply. Just curious, thank you so much!

That's a was away before you cruise. Since the $50 deposit is ES, do they all know the rules that go along with it? If there are any price drops, and you apply for them, everyone will need to come up with the full deposit.

I would make sure everybody knows the ES rules. They are pretty restrictive.