Specialty Dining on Christmas Eve/Day

mit01

Does anyone have any information on whether Giovanni's or Chops is open on Christmas Eve or Day? We're on Freedom over the holiday, and in trying to book a reservation on line, the 24th and 25th are not offered. Calling RCCL wasn't any help. They suggested waiting till be got on board.

Thanks

Steve

Having the same issue with my Christmas + New Years cruise on Nav. Speculations is that they are going to have "special" pricing (meaning higher) for Dec 24, 25, 31 and Jan 1. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Not going to pay more so guess I'll be eating in the MDR if they do that.

the specialties typically bump up the price for those 2 nights and will feature a different menu to compensate

alternatively they will be held for a special event( possibly a Top Tier event or Suite only event)

the MDR menu was marginally better in terms of both theming and offerings for a typical formal night.( on my cruise the 25th was Formal night, moved from the usual first sea day which would have been the 24th. weirded me out since our family does the big to do on the 24th. )

the specialties typically bump up the price for those 2 nights and will feature a different menu to compensate

alternatively they will be held for a special event( possibly a Top Tier event or Suite only event)

the MDR menu was marginally better in terms of both theming and offerings for a typical formal night.( on my cruise the 25th was Formal night, moved from the usual first sea day which would have been the 24th. weirded me out since our family does the big to do on the 24th. )

We've sailed the last 4 Christmas's and eaten in Chops Christmas Day and never have we seen a special menu. Last year on Oasis prices were raised for the entire week and no special menus.