Spa JS Anthem best location 4 WiFi speed

Will be sailing Anthem later this year and due to a previous commitment we will require a day or two of internet usage. We are booked in a Spa JS 11638. Can anyone comment on the wifi speed? Also can anyone suggest a Spa JS where they know the speed is better? Have had one report of 13640 being a little slow. Would like to move to deck 13 to be closer to Coastal Kitchen. Still plenty of time to change cabins. Thanks.

Edited by looking4info

Careful with deck 13 - we've had reports of noise issues from the deck above - much more important than WiFi speed.

Have asked a couple questions about JS/SJS and have read reports that range from quiet to occasional noise. The report of occasional noise also stated it was not an issue and the poster would book the cabin again. Still contemplating location. Loads of open SJS's. Will report back.

Careful with deck 13 - we've had reports of noise issues from the deck above - much more important than WiFi speed.

With 11 sailings on Anthem already, 6 have been on Deck 13 in a SJS on the starboard side, underneath CK, 3 in a D1 on Deck 13, starboard side, again, no problems with noise from above to deter us from changing decks. I continue to book Deck 13 for our future Anthem sailings with no hesitation. I have to say, majority of the nights, once we leave for dinner, we're not back in our room until well after midnight. I know many people say to have cabins above and below you, Deck 13 is ideal for us as it's only 1 flight up to the pool, WJ, CK and the Solarium and no waiting for the elevator.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

With 11 sailings on Anthem already, 6 have been on Deck 13 in a SJS on the starboard side, underneath CK, 3 in a D1 on Deck 13, starboard side, again, no problems with noise from above to deter us from changing decks. I continue to book Deck 13 for our future Anthem sailings with no hesitation. I have to say, majority of the nights, once we leave for dinner, we're not back in our room until well after midnight. I know many people say to have cabins above and below you, Deck 13 is ideal for us as it's only 1 flight up to the pool, WJ, CK and the Solarium and no waiting for the elevator.

Your posts have been quite helpful are a factor in our choice and are very much appreciated. One flight up is a huge plus. Cabins 13636/38 are still open and hopefully we will grab one of them. Thanks

Thanks to all for the info.

Edited by looking4info

Your posts have been quite helpful are a factor in our choice and are very much appreciated. One flight up is a huge plus. Cabins 13636/38 are still open and hopefully we will grab one of them. Thanks

Thanks to all for the info.

My pleasure :)

You must be on a sailing that we are not because one of those SJS would have been already taken by us :)

Speed and response time are excellent on Anthem, as she has the O3b system installed.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the wi-fi works, or works well, all over the ship, which is what the OP was asking about. Having sailed on Anthem, I know that it doesn't.

OP: we were in Spa JS 9238 last fall, and the wi-fi barely worked in our stateroom. Usually, I would not have cared, but my office needed to reach me during this trip. I spoke with the ship's IT people, who said that there was only one router (repeater?) for every five cabins, so depending on where you were, you might have a wi-fi issue. The IT guy actually told me to "go out into the hallway." :eek:

In fact, the signal was just great *outside* our cabin, and in the nearby stairwell.

VOOM internet was incredibly fast, just not reliably available in our own stateroom.