Pacific Star Cruise

sweet_successes

I am a first time cruiser. My husband and I are going on a cruise on the Pacific Star on the 30 Sept 2006. We have booked a suite with balcony. Having never cruised before - we have no idea what to expect - your thoughts about cruising, activities, meals, accommodations would be greatly appreciated.:)

Don't worry, you'll have a great time. Suite with balcony hey? That would be nice. We're going on Pacific Sun in April and we have booked lowest cabin inside deck, but we are a family of five so we just wanted to get the cheapest. After all, all you do is sleep in them. If I had a balcony though, I would sit out there and have a pre dinner drink while getting ready. The last time I cruised I was young & single (so was my husband when he cruised) so this will be different but we still anticipate having a great time. I've always said it's the best holiday you can have. You can do as much as you like or as little as you like. Just enjoy it.

Karen

Wow, enjoy the balcony. We upgraded 1/2 through our cruise last year. It was lovely.

If the Star has a similar system to the Sky then you will get all your port info when you board. You also get free lanyards and vip tender tickets. They delivered canapes each night before dinner, but we were alway busy doing something else such as kids dinner.

I love cruising, especially the fact that if you were really strict then there is no hidden extras. Of course that isn't me and I but lots of souveneirs and photos. All you food is included the only thing you have to pay for is drinks.

Have a look through this section on the boards, there are lots of discussions about the various aspects of cruising.

Hi, My husband and I are cruising on the Pacific Star maiden voyage 18 Dec and have also booked a suite so when we get back I'll let you know all about it and if we got any little extras....I'm just happy to have a balcony....I'm sure you'll love it.

Archived