Princess Cat. AF Questions as well as prices

jenni011573

I have the option to purchase the Mini Suite Ocean view Suite on the Island Princess AF or better Guarantee Suite Can anyone tell me if they have stayed in this sort of room on the Island Princess? What are the amenities that come with the mini suite as I have seen several different postings on this?

I have called Princess to see about pricing and she told me that if she books me she will book me in a suite guarantee and I will be in no less than AF category but most likely moved up. How likely is this?

I have also looked at pricing online and seem to have received lower prices by about $200 for an AF room. When I asked Princess about this they told me it is better to book with them since if the price goes lower they will know and change my original price. How likely is that to happen?

When I asked about the extras that would come with the AF category she e-mailed me "Special amenities are only available in the larger suites." Is it even worth it for the category AF then? It is a bit of a larger room but would a balcony be better and cheaper in the long run.

I have had a very bad experience on Princess previously for my honeymoon cruise and am very skeptical of anything they say. I am willing though to give them a second chance as I believe everyone should have a second shot at making things right.

Any help with answering these questions would be so helpful to me in planning this vacation. Thank you in advance for any advice and help.

Jenni

We accidentally booked an AF through an online agency, which did not clearly show that they did not have balconies. I had to pay a little more to get upgraded to a mini w/balcony. To me, that is the only reason to pay more for a balcony or mini suite! Personally, it is not worth saving $200 and not have the balcony. I am not sure what to tell you about any pricing issues, and raising of prices.

BUT, please note that the AF's on the Island are the very front rooms, and I have found the front to be very very rocky. You will feel the motion there more than anywhere. I, personally, love the movement of the ship, but some of my roomies couldnt handle it and got sick to their stomachs before using dramamine.

I dont think they should offer ANY mini without a balcony - it is very misleading to me. They should call those rooms some sort of "deluxe oceanview cabin". They are already in their own AF cataogry, why not make it a high priced C catagory??? I made the booking error with 18 bookings under my belt, how many people have walked into the room saying "Whoa! Where is my balcony??"

Casey

Casey

I would request an AE guarantee, unless you really don't care if you get a balcony or not. As is often said, book the lowest you will be happy with and then hope for an upgrade. If you book an AF guarantee you have to understand that you might get an AF. :eek: Also as Casey mentioned the front cabins are very rocky. DH and I love the motion but that's not for everyone. ;) In any event you'll love the Island Princess! :D

Archived