Looking for advice

ramja96

Considering a Greek Isles cruise with my DW. In your opinion, when is the best time of year to go, weather-wise? Cost wise? If a particular time of year is less expensive than another, is it because of weather, or because it's less desirable for another reason? I appreciate all help. Thanks.:)

The cheapest times I have found to cruise in the Med is during the winter months. I would avoid June, July and August. That is when the children and college students are on Holiday. It's really crowded.

signed a parent who has no choice but to go in 100 degree weather and with every one else in the world. :)

Mid-September would be my first choice. The crowds have thinned out but it's still nice and warm and, if you fancy some beach time, the sea is much warmer than it is at the start of the summer.

Many who visit the various Greek Islands are going there for some sun, sand, and swimming...in addition to basic tourist stuff. In that case, the best weather is in the summer and fall (the ocean water might still be a bit chilly in the spring). As to going off season (like in the winter) you are going to find many things "closed for the season" on some of the most popular islands. For example, Santorini can seem like a ghost town/island in the winter. And when we have visited in early April, many places (especially in Oia) were still not open for the summer season.

Hank