Better choice for 1st time cruisers

alprice

I have been on the Voyager class ships 3 times....next year I am taking 2 first timers with me and wanted opinions on Radiance class vs Voyager class for the 1st time. I want to take them on Voyager class because they are the biggest and because of the layout. Is Radiance class ships layed out as well as the voyager Class ships? Thanks for your help.

I would call it a coin flip. I actually like both classes. If the cruisers are new, they would not be disappointed with a Radiance Class vessel. We sailed 3 Voyager class ships, before our first Radiance sailing. We were more than satisfied with the Radiance ships. If you can live without the Promenade and the ice skating, the Radiance Class vessels are great.

After sailing on Brillance in March 2004, and then on Mariner 2005, we have decided that we really prefer the Radiance class ships. The centrum, the glass everywhere. That wall of glass as you go up the elevators. It's a WOW factor for us. You always know that you are on a ship.

On Mariner, we felt like we had to LOOK for the ocean. The promenade is neat, but there aren't enough windows in the public spaces. The public spaces bars/lounges were also much smaller on the Mariner. We had balcony cabins on both ships, so that was not a factor.

We have no kids, and just my opinion, but we prefer the Radiance class.:)

I don't think you need to stress about which...Voyager Class and Radiance Class ships are like apples and oranges...both very good but different. As a first timer either will have that wow factor...no other cruise to compare and both types really fantastic. My suggestion would be to go with something that appeals to you....your companions will be happy either way!

Our first cruise ever was on the Radiance and we loved it - now we are looking forward to trying out a bigger ship in January. Being first timers we thought a cruise ship was supposed to be HUGE and we didn't find the Radiance to be as huge as we expected. We are anticipating the size of the Adventure of the Seas! :)

Archived