Final payment date now 60 Days?

jt58203

A small group of us (two rooms) booked back in May for January 16. Our booking confirmation said final payment date was November 1 (or maybe it said 2nd). On Monday, we made some changes (swapped roommates & upgraded one cabin from inside to guar OV). Our new paperwork for both rooms says final payment is November 17. Is this the new norm? I would like the extra time to make final payment in case we want to move our other room from inside to outside, or in case there's a price drop, etc. but would hate it if they end up cancelling our reservation on November 2.

I assume this is for a short cruise. The final payment dates seem to be in flux. The policy of 90 day final payment for longer cruises and 75 day payment for shorter cruisers seems to not be enforced. Go with what the invoice says.

I booked directly with Royal, I'm on a 4 night cruise, and did find on their website:

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 75 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations.

Not sure why the November 17 wasn't on the original booking confirmation but on the one I have now. This makes me happy.

I booked directly with Royal, I'm on a 4 night cruise, and did find on their website:

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 75 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations.

Not sure why the November 17 wasn't on the original booking confirmation but on the one I have now. This makes me happy.

In March, RCI announced that for short cruises final payment would be 75 days (up from 60) and 90 days (up from 75) for longer cruises. I'm wondering if that has been rescinded or is this just a case of the web site never being updated.

My money is on this.

But there's so many examples of both 75 and 90 day final payment dates, I'm not sure what is the policy. Maybe the web site is right and they rescinded the March policy but some bookings still show 90 days.