Verizon gift card lost by UPS

Tommy's friend

YEAH!!!!! If one showed up the other should be close behind!!! So glad you were able to pay your cruise off. [emoji4] Oh, if the USPS picked it up by mistake you should be able to go to UPS website and track the confirmation number in and see if it changed hands. UPS - USPS and then back. If you were curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and no on the tracking. If UPS scanned it delivered by mistake to the USPS then they could see that. If they didn't and someone had just put it in the wrong place there would be no scan. There's no guarantee it would be scanned accepted if the USPS returned it either but sure doesn't hurt to keep an eye on that tracking.

As for claims, neither company will cover the value of the cards. The USPS won't even insure gift cards. Reason being, someone could easily claim one was lost/stolen, file an insurance claim and yet had the card the whole time. I always tell people if one is lost/stolen to call the issuing company (Verizon here) and report it. They can cancel the lost cards and issue new ones.

Verizon should deal with UPS or USPS....whomever. It was lost. You didn't get it. No fault of your own. Verizon should mail a new card. Over the years since I've been buying these cards from AARP and Verizon, I've had delivery issues twice. Once there was a fulfillment backup. I eventually got the cards 3 weeks later. The other was back in July. Never received a card ordered in May. Called Verizon and within a week they sent a new one. Done.

Correct. Insurance is to protect the seller, not the buyer.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had. Another option you have if you are not going to be there to sign for your package is to sign up for myUPS. On myUPS you can waive the signature requirement on your package and have them leave the package at the door. I have done this several times without issue.