Qm2 sheltered balcony deck 4

Jailhousepete

We had a deck 4 balcony cabin in July and another in August. Both cabins had been refurbished including the carpet. The only problems we encountered were in August. The balcony door frame was loose and made a terrible racket until someone repaired it. And the carpet had just been installed so there was a lingering chemical odor that could not be remedied.

Thank you both Ray and Thaxted makes us feel bit better about being so low. Have contacted Cunard re this on few occasions and as usual they have been very evasive quoting they have no time scale for this deck refurb, so thankfully taking in my own hands has eased our mind. We are 4060 - were either of you in that area. Do they actually have their own tea and coffee as stated by others on higher decks. Thanks

Yes, you can make your own tea and coffee. There's nothing low about these cabins except their location, which can be an advantage in rough seas. In August we were in 4035. I don't recall our cabin number in July, but it was fairly close by. 4060 is a bit more centrally situated. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stateroom and your sailing.

Can anyone help please, have 3 bed cabin on deck 4 (only available deck for 3 sharing), does anyone know if this deck has been refurbished yet. We are on Xmas from Southampton 15/12 - 26 nights. Thanks everybody.

We were on this same crossing last year. We upgraded onboard to an aft sheltered balcony (4091 I think)

Can't comment on refurbishment of course!

The North Atlantic was rough or "lumpy" as the captain called it. The lower deck was great in that force 10 storm.

On the days we could get out onto the decks it was certainly bracing! We even had snow one day!

We disembarked in NYC and spent Christmas in The Big Apple, which was having in warmest Christmas in many many years.