Book from other country

joern

Are there any way that I can book my next cruise on an MSC site from another country? Prices are better and benefits bigger in most countries other than Denmark, so would like to book from one of the other sites, but is it possible?

We are also located in Denmark, and booked through a German internet travel agent. That has worked out fine. I don't believe they will let you book though an MSC website that does not "belong" to your location, even though it is within EU. MSC has a strange policy here.

There is however one wierd issue:

- When we log on to the Danish MSC website with the booking ref., the booking will not show.

- When we log on to the Danish website Voyagers Club area, the booking comes up, but we cannot manage it (book shore excursions, drink package, etc.)

- When we log on the the German MSC website there are no limitations. The booking shows up, and we can manage it.

By the way.... Leaving in three weeks time :)

As an American that lives in Germany I originally registered with the MSC German website. I couldn't use the U.S. website while there because MSC recognized my IP address as being in Germany.

Fast forward to today. I am temporarily in the states since this summer. I wanted to take a December cruise in the Persian Gulf departing from Frankfurt on the included flights. I tried to log-in with my MSC credentials on the US site to book this cruise. It wouldn't work since, I suppose, my credentials are associated with the German MSC site.

I wonder if I try to book a Caribbean Divina cruise, for this summer, can I use the status match from my German MSC Gold card on the US MSC website? Will that work? Or will I have to go with MSC DE yet again?

We are also located in Denmark, and booked through a German internet travel agent. That has worked out fine. I don't believe they will let you book though an MSC website that does not "belong" to your location, even though it is within EU. MSC has a strange policy here.

There is however one wierd issue:

- When we log on to the Danish MSC website with the booking ref., the booking will not show.

- When we log on to the Danish website Voyagers Club area, the booking comes up, but we cannot manage it (book shore excursions, drink package, etc.)

- When we log on the the German MSC website there are no limitations. The booking shows up, and we can manage it.

By the way.... Leaving in three weeks time :)

Daneviking: I wanted to send you an PM, but can't see how to do it, so can you please reply to me on email (haulund1@mailme.dk)? I would like to know if you can recommend a german travel agent and how much you saved on booking in Germany in stead of Denmark?

Thanks

Joern

I'm Portuguese and I have the same issue.

I try to see different prices on several websites and have problems with the booking as well, but if it is through an online agency it works fine, but you always have the option to book by phone and go with the one you want.

I also can't do nothing on the MSC Portuguese web site, I booked through a UK specialized online cruise travel agent and I have to enter by the MSC UK webpage to manage my booking.

The US and UK market are much well prepared for the cruising tourism...

This proves that we can be very resourceful when we want to cruise!:D

Have you tried the South African site? We get a few benefits others don't. MSC SA offer kids under 18 cruise free. Most others have kids under 11yrs cruise free. We have a few specialized agencies as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app