How bad is the coffee/Iced tea/Lemonade?

nanseev

I always bring one of the coffee mate or other brand little squirt bottle of flavored creamers (the ones you don't have to refrigerate) and is fine that way. Tea just top off with lemonade. Lemonade you need to water down. Water on any ship has always tasted fine for mee.

Glass half empty kind of girl huh?

How BAD is this cruise going to be?

How BAD is the food?

How BAD is the coffee?

I don't understand why people take the time to comment NEGATIVE things.

If you don't like what the original poster asked simply scroll past. It's that easy!!

If you add a half a cup of the hot water before filling with coffee...it's pretty good! Lemonade, good. Tea...yukky no matter what you do to it.

Yikes. That's just crazy. :eek: I like my coffee black and the stronger the better. The lemonade isn't too bad. I dont like the tea and the only way I drink it is with lemonade

Edited by kc5grw

The lemonade is strong is sour but not bad if you like it that way, definitely a subjective thing. They mix it from a carton poured into the machine so it's not like it's fresh squeezed or anything. Didn't have the tea or coffee so can't comment on those. The water from the machines is filtered and cold. You can use it fill water bottles. I just filled a glass and then poured it into my big bottle on the next to last day so I didn't have to buy another big bottle for that last night.

My personal experience, on the Freedom back in February, was this:

the lemonade is drinkable watered down if you like lemonade (I'm not a fan)

the tea is deplorable at best. really awful stuff

the coffee wasn't bad on Lido. wasn't the best stuff ever, but was better than IHOP's in my opinion. However, the coffee we got through room service was quite possibly the worst non-alcoholic beverage I've ever tried to drink. Nightmarish stuff.

I usually stuck to ice water and/or coffee on Lido. The water tastes fine.

So I think the answer is: it depends. On the ship, on the staff, on the day you order/fill your glass, and on your personal tastes.

The lemonade is pretty good, but I can't drink too much of it. The tea is not great but its drinkable. If you are picky on your tea, you might want to come up with another option. I like the water flavorings (like Mio or crystal light) so I usually bring some of that from home and just use it with the ships water or if you are picky, bottled water. I don't drink coffee.

I have thought about cheers but I just don't think its worth our while. Hubby drinks beer and he could drink enough to make it worth it, but not me. I would really really have to try. I could do that, but I don't really want to.