Thinking about NCL Escape for 30th Bday, thoughts?

jetter2

I'm looking at taking a 7 day in late May for my 30th birthday present.

I like the newer mega ships as they have the solo cabins and people seem to like it.

I was just curious what the average demographic is of the solo cruisers. Is it real camp-y and everyone gets to know eachother and party together, or is it like any other cabin isle on the ship?

Are there many solo girl travelers? I would hate it if it was all dudes lol

I'm just curious what its like for a guy that likes to have a great time and party, to go on a cruise solo. I've only ever cruised with groups or with a girlfriend, but never alone.

So I am looking for as much insight as I can get from you guys =]

Do it! I've never done a Studio, but I am going on the Escape for my 26th birthday this February (seems like a good ship to celebrate on). I am practically solo on my cruises because I ditch my family to hang out with other people I meet, usually at bars. It is very easy to make friends and I would assume easier when you are in the Studios as everyone is solo.

I like to read lots of posts on here and it seems like there will be a good mix in the studio cabins of men and women of all ages. Also, I would join in on the roll call to chat with some people ahead of time, maybe go to the M&G.

The Studio demographics from the times I have sailed solo is a good mix of men and women. Mostly, from my experience, it is older people (over 40) with a few twenty somethings thrown in.

They have Happy Hour get-togethers where you can meet people to have dinner with, go to shows, etc. Of course, it is not mandatory to do that. Pick and choose what you want to do.

If you are looking for a singles type cruise with people hooking up left and right in the Studios, you will be disappointed. ;)

From the perspective of sailing it in my mid-thirties and seeing the studios:

Definitely a great ship for a younger solo traveler. The studios are awesome and there's tons to do. We rarely sail for the ship, but are doing so in 2017. The Escape is our favorite ship in the fleet for entertainment, food and drink. It was definitely a mixed age crowd...not sure about the gender mix in the studios, specifically.