Deadline to decide who is 2nd guest?

LAKaye

Hello All~~

My Question: What is the deadline for naming the second person in my stateroom and providing all information about them?

I've been searching around on Cruise Critic and the RCCL website, but cannot find the answer. I don't wish to trust someone at the call center.

I wish to travel on the January 26th sailing of the Anthem. Once I hear back from you, I will book, but I don't know yet who I can find as a 2nd guest (friends are checking their work schedules)

I don't have a travel agent; I always book online with RCCL.

Do I have this right: I understand that the process will have me pay for two people, as would a solo traveler, but >> how long do I have to find a person to go with me? What is the deadline for naming that second person and providing all information about them?

Also is it true I should put TBD in the line for the 2nd guest and not leave it blank? I did see that on some of the search results.

I am very grateful for your help!

LAKaye

Put the second name in when you book (make one up if your not sure). Name changes can be done without any charges up until 24 hours prior to sailing.

Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?

A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remain on the reservations.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=245

We are doing a little cruise on Navigator -- 3days Jan. 3, 2017. Family of 3 and 2 grandparents in 2 cabins. All of the people are adults (15 years to seniors over 70). At this time the cabin for 3 might go to only 2 folks, if Dad can't get the time off work. What could be the options here. Could the cabin for 3 become a cabin for 2 up to sailing? Any money back (at least port fees/taxes)? Could we sub in a girlfriend for the 15 year -- still 3 but different 3rd passenger. How should we list the 3 for cabin Mom, 15 girl, Dad. Mom has to be primary in case Dad does not come (15 year old can not have room as primary?). Grandparents are in balcony sitting pretty and won't switch:p. Have to make up mind VERY soon. Thanks for help. Also how is 9th deck on Navigator?

We are doing a little cruise on Navigator -- 3days Jan. 3, 2017. Family of 3 and 2 grandparents in 2 cabins. All of the people are adults (15 years to seniors over 70). At this time the cabin for 3 might go to only 2 folks, if Dad can't get the time off work. What could be the options here. Could the cabin for 3 become a cabin for 2 up to sailing? Any money back (at least port fees/taxes)? Could we sub in a girlfriend for the 15 year -- still 3 but different 3rd passenger. How should we list the 3 for cabin Mom, 15 girl, Dad. Mom has to be primary in case Dad does not come (15 year old can not have room as primary?). Grandparents are in balcony sitting pretty and won't switch:p. Have to make up mind VERY soon. Thanks for help. Also how is 9th deck on Navigator?

Regarding the cabin for 3.

As per above post name changes can be done up to 24 hours prior to sailing.

There are different rules regarding cancellation of 3rd or 4th guest. 3rd or 4th guests can cancel up to the final penalty phase (about 15 days prior to the cruise) and receive a full refund, however I'm not sure if Royal would require you to move to a cabin that only slept 2 or if they would let you keep the cabin that you are in, you would need to call and ask.

Hi.

I did a passenger change for my last cruise on RCCL. Cost 50 usd to change person. We did a couple of months out based on us setting our own 'can you come' deadline but I think can be done until tickets are issued at least with no problems. If hubby can't come then shouldn't be a prob to add someone else if you want too

The link to the RCCL website definitely says 24 hrs. I have a TBA cabin in our group and was told today that we had to add the person 7 days prior to allow verification time? I was told that by RCCL Groups this morning