Nieuw Amsterdam VQ Cabins on Panorama Deck

bzv143

Has anyone been in one of these cabins on board the Nieuw Amsterdam? The spa staterooms on the very top deck. There are only 6 on each side of the ship. Noise? Balcony? Easy access to Lounge? Other than the room amenities (yoga mat, etc), what actual spa amenities come with it--free access to Thermal Suite, etc? Any info helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone been in one of these cabins on board the Nieuw Amsterdam? The spa staterooms on the very top deck. There are only 6 on each side of the ship. Noise? Balcony? Easy access to Lounge? Other than the room amenities (yoga mat, etc), what actual spa amenities come with it--free access to Thermal Suite, etc? Any info helpful. Thanks!

The balcony is just 4 ft deep, and some people who have seen them or stayed in them say the room "seems small" compared to other verandas. Good pictures at http://halfacts.com/11002-nieuw-amsterdam/ (click to enlarge)

BTW there's only 5 on each side. :)

Edited by jtl513

The cabins you mentioned are on the Observation Deck. I sailed in VQ11007 on a Transatlantic a couple of years back when they were referred to as "Spa Staterooms." In fact, this is a marketing ploy as they have no connection with the spa outside of maybe a free bottle of vitamin water and a yoga mat in your cabin. All spa services, including the thermal pool, are extra. Yes, the balconies are smaller but roomier enough for 2 chairs. I found the cabin's main advantages were very private and quiet along with its proximity to the Explorers Lounge and Lido Deck pool and spa areas. Conversely, its quite a walk to the main dining room which, to me, was no big deal. Bottom line: I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again but certainly wouldn't pay a premium for it.

OMG, doublebzz--great reply! Right now, they are $300 more pp for the cruise I am looking at. I was hoping that the extra price would include extra actual Spa freebies. Almost all the cabins are still available. I'm hoping HAL gets the hint to lower prices, or throw in more amenities. Don't need the water or yoga mat. DO need thermal pool/sauna/relaxation room for free.

OMG, doublebzz--great reply! Right now, they are $300 more pp for the cruise I am looking at. I was hoping that the extra price would include extra actual Spa freebies. Almost all the cabins are still available. I'm hoping HAL gets the hint to lower prices, or throw in more amenities. Don't need the water or yoga mat. DO need thermal pool/sauna/relaxation room for free.

My cruise was a couple of years ago so I would check with HAL to see if things changed. On that cruise, I booked the lowest category veranda cabin and was upgraded to this spa cabin; probably indicates how poor they were selling.

The balcony is just 4 ft deep, and some people who have seen them or stayed in them say the room "seems small" compared to other verandas. Good pictures at http://halfacts.com/11002-nieuw-amsterdam/ (click to enlarge)

BTW there's only 5 on each side. :)

Wow. Thanks for pic! I had seen these and thought might be good cabin to try sometime as look very private and quiet. But after seeing veranda picture, I don't think so. We love hanging out on veranda. Looks way too small to me.

Jane