Electrical outlets on Norwegian Pearl?

mamasylvia

Okay, this is a weird question but I really need to know. Are the electrical outlets in the Pearl staterooms the standard 2-one-above-the-other (unless sideways) common in U.S. homes? Or do they use a different layout? I bought a 6-outlet and 4-USB port adapter and discovered when it arrived that it uses 2 plugs, not 1 as it looked like in the picture. (Never mind how many items I've bought from Amazon lightning deals this week for our cruise!)

Typically, even if there are two US outlets, they are not the "two in one" that is common in US households, so the spacing of the plugs would be off. Even if it fit, I would be worried that anything that combines power outlets with USB ports tends to have surge protection. Look at the fine print on the unit or paperwork for words like "surge protection", "joules of protection" or "clamping voltage". Any of these keywords will indicate a surge protector, which should not be used onboard ships due to fire hazard. A better solution is a cheap 6 outlet power strip from Home Depot or WalMart ($3-5 range) to get your 6 outlets, and then a 4-6 USB port charger (many of these claim to have surge protection, but if it only has a 2 prong plug it is voltage regulation not surge protection, so it is fine onboard).

Okay, this is a weird question but I really need to know. Are the electrical outlets in the Pearl staterooms the standard 2-one-above-the-other (unless sideways) common in U.S. homes? Or do they use a different layout? I bought a 6-outlet and 4-USB port adapter and discovered when it arrived that it uses 2 plugs, not 1 as it looked like in the picture. (Never mind how many items I've bought from Amazon lightning deals this week for our cruise!)

It is a single plug, not a dual plug as in most US homes.

• 3 months later...