I know another far side the island question?

Slidellrd

I have read numerous threads on the far side, but i have a few questions.

I booked a private jeep tour for December 8th(which is my birthday). It will be our 2nd time this year in Cozumel and we want to explore. Last time was a carnival booked dolphin swim. We are wanting to spend the day bar hopping, eating and seeing the sights.

What are the best bar stops and places to eat on the island? We are not into the huge tourist drunk fest places like the ones around the ports. Which is why we are taking it to the other side.

While touring the island are there any MUST stops?

Traveling on triumph.

Ryan&Tiffany

I have read numerous threads on the far side, but i have a few questions.

I booked a private jeep tour for December 8th(which is my birthday). It will be our 2nd time this year in Cozumel and we want to explore. Last time was a carnival booked dolphin swim. We are wanting to spend the day bar hopping, eating and seeing the sights.

What are the best bar stops and places to eat on the island? We are not into the huge tourist drunk fest places like the ones around the ports. Which is why we are taking it to the other side.

While touring the island are there any MUST stops?

Traveling on triumph.

Ryan&Tiffany

Good place to start is the Cozumel Bar Hop website (whether you take the tour with them, or go independently). It will give you insight into the main bars on the east side. There are one or two others, but they tend to come and go,except a couple just as the transversal road turns south.

If there are only two in your party the Bar Hop is one of the most economical ways to travel but has the downside that you cannot stop off wherever you want (nevertheless very well run and I highly recommend for a first time tour.) if traveling independently you can stop at various photo ops if important, El Mirador, possibly blow holes, Punta Sur.

On the south end of the island (west coast) there are numerous other bars that you can stop at besides the main popular venues, like Playa Corona, Sky Reef, Alberto's, Palancar. Use google images to get an idea of which may appeal.

We have done the bar hop, numerous times. We love it! If you decide to go on your own, I would make sure to go to at least two of the places they go to. Coconuts, which is the highest point on the island and go eat coconut shrimp at Rastas!

I would second Rasta's Shrimp and ceviche. Nicer beach to relax on except you can't swim there. Coconuts is great for the scenery and a quick drink. Chen Rio has excellent whole snapper and a swimming lagoon. It's extra, but do stop at the lighthouse and eco park at Punta Sur--just around the big curve in the road and Rastas (Which is really called Paradise Cafe, but has a big mural on the side so locals also know it as Bob Marleys). You can walk out over the marsh and see the crocs plus climb to the top of the lighthouse. And don't forget to stop and watch the blowholes between Rasta and Playa Bonita (also a good stop).

I booked thru Cozumel cruise excursions. jeep with a driver.

I don't remember which of the jeep companies it is, but I hope that isn't the one that makes you drive the first few miles in and out of San Miguel - always seems a funny set up to me.