Help please

gamecockinnc

I am cruising on the Disney Fantasy December 3rd with my parents and my youngest son ( he's 5 and turns 6 during the week of the cruise) and my 15 year old son. Unfortunately my husband can't join us due to work and our eldest son due to his freshman year in college can't join us.

I have been to BVI but the boys haven't. We have decided to split up that day. My mother is disabled and must use a electric wheelchair.

I wanted to take the boys to Jost Van Dyke but the full day is sold out. But the

Jost Van Dyke Beach Transfer (TT14) Is available. It leaves at 7:30 am and is only 4 hours long. Considering 1.30 hours will be spent traveling there is it worth the time spent?

Are there private charters that I haven't found yet that would have better options?

Or should we just do to a beach day and if so which beach would you recommend for a 15 year old, almost 6 year old and myself. Snorkeling in this port isn't a must. But safety, restrooms, snacks or drinks are.

Desperate for any help. And yes I am kicking myself for waiting so long.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice because I really need it!

Edited by gamecockinnc

If I remember you are in port on Disney on Dec 6 from 7 or 8 - 5:45 so you have time to enjoy a beach. With the short time on Jost and the kids we'd probably recommend a beach on Tortola. You can contact Kuralu and Aristocrat Charters to see if they have an excursion to Jost or know of another outfit that may? Otherwise I'd stick with my initial suggestion from earlier -

For a nice beach on Tortola where you'll have much more time to enjoy the beach you have a few options. You were probably in Cane Garden Bay last visit, that's where the Callwood Rum Distillery is located. CGB will be very crowded but there are more amenities there.

Brewers Bay is a beautiful bay with just one beach bar so it doesn't get as crowded. Taxi to either beach is about $16pp roundtrip (1/2 fare for the 5 yr old). For snorkeling you'd want Brewers.

If you want the boys to see more of Tortola than what they would see on the way to the beach, an inexpensive island tour (~$25pp for 3 - 4 hrs) is a great way to see the beauty of the island and get a little beach time, drivers are at the dock offering these. But for a beach Brewers would be a good choice, or CGB if you want more options.

I meant to add Marina Cay as an option - if you google that you'll see what is there including a beach and beach bar, Pusser's Pub, a gift shop and mini-mart, and you can get a picture taken with a red English phone booth. Just taxi to Trellis Bay and take the free ferry to Marina Cay. You'll also find Aragorn pottery studio and Cyber Cafe in Trellis Bay which has a great fish sandwich, and De Loose Mongoose is a fun bar.

I meant to add Marina Cay as an option - if you google that you'll see what is there including a beach and beach bar, Pusser's Pub, a gift shop and mini-mart, and you can get a picture taken with a red English phone booth. Just taxi to Trellis Bay and take the free ferry to Marina Cay. You'll also find Aragorn pottery studio and Cyber Cafe in Trellis Bay which has a great fish sandwich, and De Loose Mongoose is a fun bar.

I'm interested in seeing Marina Cay. When taking a taxi to Trellis Bay, what would the cost be? Also, are taxis readily available at Trellis Bay to get back to the cruise port or do we need to arrange for a taxi to return and pick us up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums