Aurora - Balcony v deluxe v min

ShelSea8

Hi All

I have so enjoyed reading through the messages and advise on here and have now made the decision to book a cruise aboard Aurora.....but when it comes to cabin choice, I' m in a dither and would be so grateful for your expert experience please.

When it comes to balcony cabins....are the 'deluxe' ones actually bigger and better or are they just called 'deluxe' due to their position on the ship?

and...if it is just down to the whereabouts they are on the ship....then do you reckon the big jump in price up to a mini-suite is worth it?...or is it a lot of money for just very small perks?

sorry to be so naïve on this, but I keep reading their website and still not sure, so thought who better to ask, than those that have been there and got the t shirts :)

thanks in advance for your help

Shel

Aurora Balcony cabins are 178 sq feet including a 36 sq feet balcony. Deluxe Balconies are 237 square feet including a 39 square feet balcony and mini-suites are 368/384 square feet including a 57 square feet balcony.

It is not exclusively about space, position of cabin and elevated service levels are also a feature as you ascend towards the suites end of the market.

Regards john

Hi John

Thanks for reassuring me that the deluxe are actually bigger so probably opt for one of those and then keep an eye on their website just in case they have a price drop on the mini-suites (that's if the flexible booking change they mention allows???) because they do look lovely.

I can't see any mention of a separate lounge or restaurant for suite guests mentioned? Like some other cruise lines have, so guess there isn't one?

Thanks again

Shel

Mini-suites do get quite a few perks, but a separate lounge etc is not one of them I'm afraid. Full Suites get a separate restaurant/part of restaurant for breakfast, but not for dinner or lunch. It's not like the Grills on Cunard.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Mini-suites do get quite a few perks, but a separate lounge etc is not one of them I'm afraid. Full Suites get a separate restaurant/part of restaurant for breakfast, but not for dinner or lunch. It's not like the Grills on Cunard.

Deluxe cabins have a curtain between the sitting area and the bed area, whereas balcony cabins don't have one.

Just for your future information the mini suites on Aurora are lovely and very spacious. The perks you get with a mini suite are champagne, flowers, chocolates, iron and ironing board, a large White Company pamper pack, priority boarding and complimentary lunch with drinks. Last time we were in a mini suite we also got priority tendering. The only things the suite passengers get that mini suite ones don't are the services of a butler and a separate select dining restaurant in which they can have breakfast.

Hi Cruise puss, Val, Annie, thanks so much for your replies and help (so glad I found this site :)).

I've been looking at deck B midship at the deluxe balconies and was just wondering if there are any ones to go for or avoid?....ie any slightly bigger/smaller, different configuration etc?......or do you reckon they are all exactly alike?

And.....I know what's going to happen....'I'll keep walking past the open doors of the mini suites and keeping sighing'

Thanks again.....and sorry for all the questions (I do have one more but will start a new thread with different header to avoid confusion)

Shel

Hi All

I have so enjoyed reading through the messages and advise on here and have now made the decision to book a cruise aboard Aurora.....but when it comes to cabin choice, I' m in a dither and would be so grateful for your expert experience please.

When it comes to balcony cabins....are the 'deluxe' ones actually bigger and better or are they just called 'deluxe' due to their position on the ship?

and...if it is just down to the whereabouts they are on the ship....then do you reckon the big jump in price up to a mini-suite is worth it?...or is it a lot of money for just very small perks?

sorry to be so naïve on this, but I keep reading their website and still not sure, so thought who better to ask, than those that have been there and got the t shirts :)

thanks in advance for your help

Shel

Should add if you go for a delux balcony and want to upgrade to a mini suite you pay the difference in price at booking, not what are being sold at then.

Also mini suites never seem to go down in price. If they have unsold ones they tend to be used for upgrades rather than selling them cheap.

I think both types on Aurora are very nice.

Hi Cruise puss, Val, Annie, thanks so much for your replies and help (so glad I found this site :)).

I've been looking at deck B midship at the deluxe balconies and was just wondering if there are any ones to go for or avoid?....ie any slightly bigger/smaller, different configuration etc?......or do you reckon they are all exactly alike?

And.....I know what's going to happen....'I'll keep walking past the open doors of the mini suites and keeping sighing'

Thanks again.....and sorry for all the questions (I do have one more but will start a new thread with different header to avoid confusion)

Shel

To my knowledge all those cabins are exactly the same, but someone else may say differently.

As an aside, we've stayed in cabins near lifts and stairs and you don't suffer any more noise than staying in cabins further away so don't be put off if there are only one's available near the lifts.