Dry-Cleaning Prices

GlennG

My wife and I will be travelling on the Nieuw Amsterdam in January. Does anyone have any up-to-date pricing on the costs of dry-cleaning? Specifically, how much can I expect to pay for the cleaning of a two-piece man's suit? Also, could you comment on any experiences that you have had in using this service? I, certainly, don't want my clothing being ruined by bad process or inexperience of employees.

My wife and I will be travelling on the Nieuw Amsterdam in January. Does anyone have any up-to-date pricing on the costs of dry-cleaning? Specifically, how much can I expect to pay for the cleaning of a two-piece man's suit? Also, could you comment on any experiences that you have had in using this service? I, certainly, don't want my clothing being ruined by bad process or inexperience of employees.

Having sailed several HAL ships, the quality of the dry cleaning is outstanding in my experience. I wish I had them available at home.

I can't speak about price, as Dry Cleaning is included in our cabin amenities. I would expect the service price to be comparable to what you'd pay at a metropolitan hotel.

Several years ago I sent a sport jacket for dry cleaning after spattering it with soup. It was a brand new jacket I had purchased for the cruise. It came back in terrible condition. The sleeves had shrunk, the lapels had lost their stiffening, the lining hung below the bottom of the jacket. It was obvious the idiots had washed it instead of dry cleaning. After complaining to the front desk they tried to rectify the matter without success. They reversed the dry cleaning charge and credited me with $100, the maximum they were allowed to refund, and confiscated the jacket.

A written complaint to HAL's head office resulted in a future cruise onboard credit of $200. In the end I lost $145 despite submittting a duplicate purchase receipt.

I have used laundry services since then, except for more expensive items, and have been satisfied but will not use the dry cleaninf again.

Edited by jayjaycan
correct spelling

We used the dry cleaning service four times on our recent cruise.

Pricing is less than we would pay at home in suburban Pennsylvania. Less than $10 for a two piece suit. I think I paid $10 to have my entire tux dry-cleaned.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all of your advice and information regarding dry-cleaning services on-board Holland America's ships. This kind of information is not easily accessed via the HAL website, and I appreciate the above replies.