Blenders in Suites?

noche_caliente

Has anyone that has cruised in the past 6 months or so had any success with having a blender in their suite? We will be onboard the Jade in less than a month, and they are telling me that new regulations prohibit blenders in staterooms. Meaning, they won't provide one and I can't bring my own.

If I were bringing it for mixed drinks that would be fine, but we need it to blend meal-replacement shakes due to multiple food allergies.

I'm trying to find a solution right now, and not having any luck. I know that in the past it has been very common for suites to have blenders to prepare mixed drinks. Has this changed?

The best the concierge desk will tell me is "per your Concierge on board, he has advised that your Butler will be more than happy to provide you with your shakes."

But to me that doesn't seem like much of a solution. We all know that the butlers are spread too thin as it is. They aren't going to have the time to mix meal-replacement shakes. I don't want to have to wait over an hour for them to have time to help.

Just pack one of those "Bullet" mixers...

Ron - usually that would be my solution. But they advised me

I understand your concern, when it comes to Customs, we are not able to override their regulations. For the safety of passengers, they no longer allow passengers to bring blenders on board.

However, when I look on the NCL website, it doesn't have anything there about it.

What can't I bring onboard?

Passengers should not bring the following items onboard any Norwegian Cruise Line ship:

Samsung Galaxy Note7

In light of recent safety issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note7, we are asking our guests who own this model to please avoid traveling with this mobile device. The Federal Aviation Administration has banned the Samsung Galaxy Note7 from all air travel, and until further notice, this device will be restricted from all Norwegian Cruise Line ships. Fire is one of the greatest threats at sea and due to the safety concerns these devices present, if one is found in a guest’s possession or unattended in a stateroom onboard, our policy instructs the crew to confiscate the device for safekeeping. The device will remain in our possession, in a safe, monitored location, for the duration of the cruise. Guests can reclaim their device at the conclusion of the cruise from the reception desk.

Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind including water, soda and juices*

For more information read our FAQ about "Can I bring water or soda on board?".

Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

Firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature

Animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

Ron - usually that would be my solution. But they advised me

However, when I look on the NCL website, it doesn't have anything there about it.

Last mention I've seen about blenders has been a few months - not sure how long. Usually the GV had them but others have had them in other suites after asking for them.

I'm not sure the shoreside concierge knows exactly what is going on and what would customs have to do with it anyway?

Edited by dexddd

Ok. Here is my experience.

I used to take one of those small bullet types. To use in my suite with my bar set up. I am very particular about my drinks in regard to sugar and calories. Was not a problem.

Two cruises ago they took my blender until the end of the cruise. Fortunately, the wonderful concierge, Monica, got it released on the first day.

Last cruise I did not take it. I was cruising with my 18 year old niece and did not feel thr need.

Next cruise I have the UBP.

So, what about a hand-held wand blender/emulsifier? Wonder if that would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums