Radisson Hotel Norfolk

sea dwag

We've never stayed there, but we had reservations there which we cancelled after reading numerous negative reviews. We also read in reviews that the hotel was in an unsafe area. You might want to check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.com...see link below. Hope this is helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__ShowUserReviews__2D__g58026__2D__d225730__2D__r3993871__2D__Quality_Suites_at_Lake_Wright__2D__Norfolk_Virginia__2E__html&geo=58026&q=radisson+norfolk&ssrc=r

This hotel is rather a dump. I thought it was dirty.....stayed there is January 2005 prior to moving our daughter into her apartment. If you can get the hotel in the $50 range it would be a decent price. Otherwise, I would try one of the other hotels closeby. Good Luck!

I've seen numerous positive posts on the Holiday Inn Select, and we thought about staying there. Instead we booked the Lake Wright Inn & Suites, which was also rated very positively. I understand its about 20 minutes from the Pier, but it is on our route home so that does not bother us. They did not have a park and stay package, but said if we stayed one night (I think it was around $107, but not sure), we could leave our car there for the entire time we were gone. They have a shuttle that will take us to the pier, and I believe breakfast may also be included, but again I'm not sure.

Good luck with your search for a room!

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed there at the end of March and they were in the process of upgrading their rooms. We did get one of the upgraded rooms, new sleep number mattresses, new wallpaper, carpet, spreads, etc., so it was very clean when we were there. I think when you read "bad area" it depends on what you are used to. It is next to a bus stop and perhaps that is what puts some people off. We didn't feel the least bit nervous about leaving our car there for 10 days. We loved the Radisson and are staying there again in February.

This hotel is across the street from a project.

There are better hotels downtown and atleast two a couple of blocks from the pier (Town Point Park/Waterside). You can walk to the ship from the hotel.

Also these hotels are in walking distance of McArthur Center Mall. This is an upscale mall with nice places to eat. Also Granby street has a nice night life.

Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel

Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel

The Sheraton is on the same side of the street from the pier. Again you can walk right up to the ship from the hotel.

Marriott is across the street. Maybe two blocks.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Radisson before our Dec. 7 cruise and had a very positive experience. Our room was lovely - very large and nicely decorated and clean - the beds were great! The best part was the reception the night before for all cruise passengers. We met some wonderful people and that made the cruise all the better - we felt like we had lots of friends to talk to and share our daily activities with - I didn't count how many came to this reception but in the end it was probably about 30 or so. The shuttle was there about 2 minutes after we disembarked and we were back at our car and on our way very quickly. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Archived