Price haggling! Yes or No?

Staticsteele1860

Be careful in PR with the taxi drivers. Most fares are a fixed price. Some drivers(2 of 4 for us) though insisted on a higher amount. One actually was being somewhat threatening. Our fare was $14, he wanted $20. I told him it was 14 and here is how this is going to go. You can 14 with a 6 dollar tip right now or if you continue this nonsense then you will get 14 only and it will be in singles and any change that the 4 of us have. He wanted to say something but thought better of it. Check the price before you get in and hold the driver to it.

I won't embarrass myseelf or them in that way. If the price is not agreeable to me, I simply say, no thank you and move along.I do not haggle. It is demeaning, IMO.

Edited by sail7seas

• 2 months later...

I always haggle. If you don't, it could ruin their whole day! Think of it from their perspective--if you were dumb enough to accept the first price they offered you, they should have charged you a lot more for the item!