Sailing on RCI Feb 18th

jlszarejko

We are sailing January 15th on Freedom of the Seas. We are booked the night before at The Dolphin Hollywood Beach. We have never stayed there before but we have stayed at the Rip Tide on Hollywood Beach. It's only about a 10 min drive from the cruise port. And the Beach and Broadwalk are spectacular!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The port is almost within walking distance from the Hyatt House - at least from what I have researched (this is the Pan Am pier, not the one in Old San Juan). The negative about the Hyatt House is that it is NOT in OSJ or on the beach - so you have to take a taxi in to those area. We were looking solely for cost for our pre-cruise hotel, though. Staying in OSJ would probably be a lot nicer!

The port is almost within walking distance from the Hyatt House - at least from what I have researched (this is the Pan Am pier, not the one in Old San Juan). The negative about the Hyatt House is that it is NOT in OSJ or on the beach - so you have to take a taxi in to those area. We were looking solely for cost for our pre-cruise hotel, though. Staying in OSJ would probably be a lot nicer!

You're going to walk to (into) the Pan American pier :eek::confused:

As far as a beach hotels i would stay in Isla Verde.

I cannot tell people enough to stay in Old San Juan. I loved walking around and taking my time, since i had plenty of other days to be at the beach. Mostly boutique hotels other than the Sheraton right at the pier.