Eat Drink Play - Broadwalk Balcony Perk

PastorD2

DW and I were on the Oasis the week of November 27th in a Boardwalk balcony and decided to share the Good, Bad and Indifferent from our experience with this new perk from RCI.

Good - Enjoyed our meal at Johnny Rockets. It included dessert (excluding milkshakes). We just presented the letter that was in the stateroom when we arrived and gave the server our SeaPass. The bill came back as $0 but with the opportunity to leave an additional tip.

Indifferent - At our age we passed on the rock climbing experience so we can't share any details about this part of the perk.

Bad - RCI needs to work on the soft drink part of the perk. The souvenir cups were waiting for us in the room (though the number of soda dispenser machines are few and far between). I only found three machines: deck 5 at the pizza restaurant, deck 15 in the arcade room and deck 16 in the Windjammer restaurant.

The real problem was getting drinks with the SeaPass. The sheet from RCI says, "Beverage packages have already been applied to your SeaPass so that you may being enjoying immediately." We thought that meant electronically applied because there was not a soda sticker on our SeaPass (we have purchased the soft drink package before and gotten a sticker put on). When we ordered a soft drink the server informed us that we didn't have the package b/c we didn't have a sticker on the SeaPass. I told him to run the SeaPass through his machine and see. He came back with a print-out showing that we did not have the soft drink package.

So I had to make a trip to the Hospitality Desk to get two stickers for our two SeaPasses. I got them with no questions asked, no apologies given and no reasonable explanation as to why they were not on the SeaPasses when we received them.

So, my word to the wise - make sure that your SeaPass has a soda sticker on it when you receive it at check-in.

Seems that there are still some glitches in the implementation of this perk.

thank you for this update, we are sailing in February in a boardwalk balcony and it's good to know these tips. May I ask what stateroom/deck you were on and your thoughts?

Our cabin was 11311. We were on the Oasis in January, 2015 and were also in a Boardwalk balcony - 12329.

I believe these balconies to be a good value. I understand the concerns that some express about the "neighbors" being just across the boardwalk and the additional noise from the broadwalk area and the aqua theater but neither were an issue for my DW or myself.

Our last cabin was exactly halfway of the boardwalk balconies. The first time we had the very end balcony. The closer to the back you can get the better your view will be. If we sail on another oasis class ship we would only get a balcony that was on the back half of the boardwalk and avoid the top or bottom decks overlooking the boardwalk (the top b/c of the Sports Deck immediately above and bottom b/c of being so close to the boardwalk and also losing more of the already limited ocean view.

These are just my opinions for what they are worth.

Our cabin was 11311. We were on the Oasis in January, 2015 and were also in a Boardwalk balcony - 12329.

I believe these balconies to be a good value. I understand the concerns that some express about the "neighbors" being just across the boardwalk and the additional noise from the broadwalk area and the aqua theater but neither were an issue for my DW or myself.

Our last cabin was exactly halfway of the boardwalk balconies. The first time we had the very end balcony. The closer to the back you can get the better your view will be. If we sail on another oasis class ship we would only get a balcony that was on the back half of the boardwalk and avoid the top or bottom decks overlooking the boardwalk (the top b/c of the Sports Deck immediately above and bottom b/c of being so close to the boardwalk and also losing more of the already limited ocean view.

These are just my opinions for what they are worth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recently booked cabin # 11713 on the Harmony for June. It is one cabin closer to the back of the ship than the # 11311 you had on the opposite side. I saw where a cabin was open on deck 10 that was the third one from the back of the ship. Is that a better cabin? I wondered about being so close to the Aqua Theater. I also saw that you had a connecting cabin. Was there any problem with noise from the other cabin. Thanks, Ronnie

I recently booked cabin # 11713 on the Harmony for June. It is one cabin closer to the back of the ship than the # 11311 you had on the opposite side. I saw where a cabin was open on deck 10 that was the third one from the back of the ship. Is that a better cabin? I wondered about being so close to the Aqua Theater. I also saw that you had a connecting cabin. Was there any problem with noise from the other cabin. Thanks, Ronnie

In my opinion the biggest consideration would be your sound sensitivity. Any cabins overlooking the boardwalk will have some sound issues but they were not enough to bother my DW or I.

The closer to the back will have more sound heard from the Aqua Theater. The only times that this seemed loud to us were nights that they were showing football games on the big screens in the Aqua Theater (which will not be a factor in June).

As to the connecting cabin - the only time I heard anything from the other cabin was when they entered or left I could hear the cabin door close.

If it were me, I would take the cabin closer to the back of the boat.

We are one cabin from the back on Allure soon. Those aft boardwalk cabins get generally good reviews here as they have a somewhat decent view of the sea and a view of the aqua show:) We also have the very back one booked on Oasis in December 17:D

• 2 weeks later...
We are one cabin from the back on Allure soon. Those aft boardwalk cabins get generally good reviews here as they have a somewhat decent view of the sea and a view of the aqua show:) We also have the very back one booked on Oasis in December 17:D

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Oasis. How did you like your cabin being in the very back? What deck were you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums