Beach day

brovan1

Costa Maya has a wonderful port/beach area. There is a pool. Shops and beach all right at the port area. We rented a golf cart and rode around the island we were told by the cart company to stop at this cantina. They have a beach area. You can sit on the beach chairs and order drinks and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a pool at the port, but not a beach. There's places to lounge in a "fake" sand beach area and if you sit at the palapa's facing the ship, you can't get into the water.

Catch a cab or the open air bus at the port ($3 per adult $2 per child) and head to the malecon. There's a wonderful place called Blue Kay there that is just gorgeous with beautiful water and pretty decent snorkeling, if the boys are into that, in fairly shallow water. I have a link to my review, located in my signature line, and there's TONS of pictures in it. :)

Blue Kay sounds like it would work for us. Easy to catch a cab to come back to the ship on time as well? My husband always gets nervous about us making it back to the ship on time!

Yes, you can just tell the staff there when you are ready to leave and they usually show up within 5-10 minutes. :)

We just got back and went to the Tropicante. So beautiful and the staff were very accommodating. We emailed ahead and 4 lounge chairs were waiting for us at no charge. Food and drinks were good and reasonable. Massages were great and only $20 for 30 minutes. I can't wait to go back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I second Tropicante..We have been going there for over 7 years and the owner Steve, an american from Texas and his staff are outstanding..Just take cab outside of gate area and tell them you want Tropicante and they will drop you off on the street behind them and the cost is 2.00 per person....Just came back from there two weeks ago and will be going back in mid January...