MSC Havana, Jamaica, Grand Caymans, Mexico

Funny65

The Tarjeta costs 25 Euros for the 1st "entrance". If the cruise visits Havana again it is 15 Euros for the second, which can be avoided by not leaving the ship as I wrote. It is not called a "visa" but there is no real difference. MSC did not bug the passengers for booking an excursion, everybody got the tarjeta delivered to the cabin. But I would not be surprised if in the future the Tarjeta will be free for passengers that book an excursion with them. Just like Russia, Beamafar has mentioned this before.

By the way, there is only one "third party", that is the national tourism company of Cuba.

The Tarjeta costs 25 Euros for the 1st "entrance". If the cruise visits Havana again it is 15 Euros for the second, which can be avoided by not leaving the ship as I wrote. It is not called a "visa" but there is no real difference. MSC did not bug the passengers for booking an excursion, everybody got the tarjeta delivered to the cabin. But I would not be surprised if in the future the Tarjeta will be free for passengers that book an excursion with them. Just like Russia, Beamafar has mentioned this before.

By the way, there is only one "third party", that is the national tourism company of Cuba.

Thanks for the quick reply, Im from the US and was told that MSC would charge me $75 for a Visa as well. Did you hear anything about that?

I've been following this subject with interest, P. In my case, the booking I made has 2 excursions included as part of an MSC promotion in Ireland. These excursions aren't listed on the MSC website, but they are what's known as People2People and, I've been told by our TA, will have the Tarjeta included.

The problem Americans are having are down to their State Department restrictions around visiting Cuba.

Thanks for the quick reply, Im from the US and was told that MSC would charge me $75 for a Visa as well. Did you hear anything about that?

No. The information I posted was written in the Daily Programs, they did not mention any visa things. But as far as i know almost no nationalities need a visa for cuba, the Tarjeta is enough.

No. The information I posted was written in the Daily Programs, they did not mention any visa things. But as far as i know almost no nationalities need a visa for cuba, the Tarjeta is enough.

Are you from the US?

I've been following this subject with interest, P. In my case, the booking I made has 2 excursions included as part of an MSC promotion in Ireland. These excursions aren't listed on the MSC website, but they are what's known as People2People and, I've been told by our TA, will have the Tarjeta included.

The problem Americans are having are down to their State Department restrictions around visiting Cuba.

Are you going to Havanna as well? Or is there a People to people program for Ireland?

No, from Perak :cool:

Then that's probably why you didn't need a visa and I being from the US will have to purchase one, I'm just concerned about getting on and off the boat with a tour guide that isn't booked through MSC.

Every tour guide must be a tour guide from Infotur and the other government companies. Our "vintage car" driver was checked two times in one hour and it was a long and annoying procedure. I don´t think Americans need a visa, really only very few nationalities from Africa and Asia do.

Edited by perakcruiser

This itinerary intrigues me, so I poked around on the MSC website, yet I couldn't find it. What ship are you sailing on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuba sailings aren't on the USA website, you have to go to msccruises.com or msccruises.co.uk to see those itineraries.