Norwegian Sky: Captain's dinner?

Yunah

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if I picked the wrong category or anything! :)

I tried using the search function but nothing came up so I figured I'd ask my question here. Are there captain's dinners on the Norwegian Sky on the 4 night cruise to the Bahamas? I've never been on a cruise and I don't own a dress (more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl, sorry! :o). What would they expect you'd wear on such a night?

Also, I read something about the Sky being refurbished in 2017. Does anyone know what and when they'll be doing? Just wondering if we'll get to see the newly updated ship or not! :D We'll be sailing out at the end of May.

Look forward to reading your replies and many thanks!

Hellloooo!' NCL is one of the most chilled out cruise lines which is why I like it :-)

I have never been to a captains dinner or seen one but that's probably because I've never looked for one.

There is no dress code on NCL (providing that you're wearing clothes ha ha). Would have thought people would dress nicely to meet the captain though.

As far as I know it's being refurbished in January so yep nice new ship for you :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ohh I didn't know the Sky would be refurbished in Jan. We sail Feb so now I am super excited. A quick google search says "extensive updates to public areas and staterooms"

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

Looking at ncl.com, looks like it goes out of service Jan 22 to Feb 2nd. Not an experienced cruiser but that doesn't sound like a long time. But I guess they work like heck on the ship for two weeks.

If I find out more, I'll post.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if I picked the wrong category or anything! :)

I tried using the search function but nothing came up so I figured I'd ask my question here. Are there captain's dinners on the Norwegian Sky on the 4 night cruise to the Bahamas? I've never been on a cruise and I don't own a dress (more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl, sorry! :o). What would they expect you'd wear on such a night?

Also, I read something about the Sky being refurbished in 2017. Does anyone know what and when they'll be doing? Just wondering if we'll get to see the newly updated ship or not! :D We'll be sailing out at the end of May.

Look forward to reading your replies and many thanks!

What do you mean by "Captain's Dinner?" Are you talking about formal night or are you of the misunderstanding the Captain dines in one of the main dining rooms?

Thanks for the replies so far! Also, thanks for posting the link ColinIllinois. I'll keep that in mind when packing :)

Borntobehappy, lucky you, you'll get to experience the Bahamas even sooner! Please let us know what they've done to the ship in those two weeks!

Lido_Deck, from what I understood there's a Captain's Dinner on the last night of the cruise where you get to dine in the same room as the Captain. People would be required to wear a dress or a suit, or something equally dressy. I guess you could call it formal night too.

Okay just found out more info "a short dry dock for technical work and upgrades to some public areas. Full Norwegian Edge enhancements will come at a later date."

Bummer

Not sure what the full Norwegian Edge enhancements are, I'll look that up, but at least an update is better than no update, I'd say! :D Thanks for the info!